Meelectronics M6 vs JVC Marshmallow
Dec 28, 2011 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MicroNik

Head-Fier
Hi!

Well, Im back.. yup. Been enjoying my ATH-m50's for a few months now and I finally got a LOD and a Fiio E6 for my iPod and I'm really liking the sound. But I'm looking for something portable now..

I have the JVC Marshmallow headphones already and I did the Kramer mod on them. I noticed that the bass became a bit less bloated and the mids and highs were more presentable once I did it. It just really cleared up the sound overall. I've had these buds for a while and I'm thinking about getting a cheap upgrade. Although it has to be from Best Buy and for under $20. Yep, I got a best buy card for christmas and theres really nothing else at Best Buy that in that price.

Will the Meelectronics M6 be a good upgrade from the JVC Marshmallow? I've seen some good reviews about it. I already need to get new earbuds anyway since these ones are pretty old and are taking a beating. I'm just looking for clarity and balance.

A simple yes will work just to assure myself that I'm making a right choice.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 6
The JVC FXC51 are highly recommended because they sound crisp, clear in mids, highs with good bass response. The philips SHE6100 are also recommended for there good soundquality but they don't isolate well as marshmellow.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 6
The JVC FXC51 is strange. I bought it recently. The driver goes very deep into the ear canal so it isn't comfortable. It feels too large even with the smallest tip. I don't know what other tips will fit on it. Even though it has decent treble detail, the sound is a bit strange and it lacks bass. I burned mine in for quite a while and it improved a bit. It looks cool, however I wouldn't recommend it.

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 6
My FXC51 is starting to sound better. I guess I need to have patience. I figured out a better method for inserting it. i guess it isn't bad, just a bit unusual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back