MEElectronics M6 review
Jan 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JPCF98

New Head-Fier
  First I'll tell you my listening preferences. I'm a bass head. I love hip-hop/rap, Metal, and I listen to a little bit of everything else. My favorite headphones for home are the ATH M50's, and I power them with the Fiio E17(wonderful device!). These headphones will hopefully be replacing my amazing 2 year old Sennheiser CX300's. 

January 5th, First impressions: The sound quality. These ear phones are satisfying me so far. The bass is powerful and very noticeable, but it's not at all covering up other sounds. The highs seem to be a very little bit underdone. The mids seem to be pretty good to, I listen to mostly rap, so there are a lot of voices and such. I noticed that they feel very closed… I wonder why(Haha)? That being said, they have very good noise isolation so far. But of course, I haven't been to the gym yet. And now, something very important for these headphones. The fit and comfort. With no sweat or movement, they fit VERY well. At first it was hard to figure which way to put them in and bend the memory wire. But now that I've gotten them in, the are very secure, and PERFECTLY tucked in to my ear. And this makes the memory wire almost unnecessary. But it's still useful. This segment was written during the first 30 mins of listening.

That's all for now, I'll finish this review after a few work outs. I'll get more detailed with the sound quality. And hopefully I can tell you they stay in with sweat and motion, and that there durable.

January 5th(later that night), after first low intensity workout with them: I noticed that these were(again) very secure. The clothes clip helped keep the wire from getting caught on the dumbbell. And when my ears got sweaty, they stayed in perfectly, with no loss of "suction"(know what I mean?). I didn't even notice the inside of my ears were sweaty until after I took them out.

January 6th, After first high intensity work-out: I am very satisfied. The ear buds didn't come out of my ears even once! At first it's weird getting used to the way they fit when your sweaty. But towards the end of the work out, I noticed that I wasn't messing with them at all. So there wonderful for staying during sweaty motion packed work outs! 

January 7th, after playing basketball for 30 minutes: While playing basketball, I jumped a lot, looked up and down often, and ran around. Through all of that, they stayed in perfectly, and never lost "suction". The clothes clip was a really good accessory during this, it kept the wire close to my body so it didn't get caught on anything. And lastly, the noise isolation was great, my neighbor left in his truck and I didn't even hear it, and a low flying propeller plane flew over but I didn't hear a thing.  After one week of use, I'll right a final review of sound quality, and that will be all.

January 21st, final review. I just got back from florida, and on the nine hour ride home, these were all I wore. They were very comfortable, no pain. The only thing I don't like these when it comes to comfort is, when you put them on(since my hair covers my hair), it takes like a whole minute to put them on. I know that doesn't sound like much, but when I'm taking a five minute ride, it's annoying. The only bad thing I noticed about sound quality(very bothersome), the mids are very over powered. This line in one of my songs, "Should I spit it conscious.", is annoying! Kind of painful! So the main thing is 'sss'S, I tried to help it with the equalizer, it didn't help much. Other than that though, they are pretty balanced. I give them a 6.5/10, because of the overpowered mids. I hope this was helpful. 

P.S. These are not adequate to replace my beloved Sennheiser CX300's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back