MEELectronics M2P : Basic IEMs on a Really Low Budget (Review)
Jun 24, 2010 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kingpage

1000+ Head-Fier
MEELectronics M2P

Driver: 9 mm Dynamic
Nozzle:  6.5 mm
Impedance: 16 ohms
Sensitivity: 95 dB
Plug:  45 degree
Cord:  1.22m Y

Miscellaneous:  
They came in a tube-like container. There are only three pairs of silicone tips, although they are quite comfortable. The material used is softer than that of PL-30’s. The housings are open at the back so if you use them on the go, there would be wind noise coming through.  As I have grown accustomed to over-the-ear designs, an ear glider would have been nice, but at such low price the accessories are reasonable.  The only difference between MEElectronics M2P’s and M2’s is the P version has a built-in microphone, useful for when you use them with a mobile phone. Almost forgot to mention about the cord, it's sturdy, it's braided, and more importantly, it's not rubbery, that simply doesn't intertwine or is hard to untangle.

Sound:
M2P’s sound settled during the first 10 hours of burn-in, as a result the bloated low end and instrumental congestion have pretty much disappeared. However, the bass can be uncontrolled at times. The highs are not as smooth as I wanted, yet the overall sound is better than most of the stock phones. Soundstage is more like headstage where music is played inside your head. That would be a plus when you desire intimacy. Essentially, all the basic elements are present.

Verdict:
These might be the best lowest budget earphones that can be called "real" earphones, giving out acceptable amount of detail for those who are still using cheapos. I suggest people get M2P’s or M2’s as back up pairs since they only cost minimal with a discount or coupon. If you are just starting off with in-ear phones and don’t want to break the bank, you ought to take these into consideration. They are also an excellent replacement for the iphone ones. The cord alone is worth the price!

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 2
My wife has two pairs of M2's, and in fact she prefers them to the M9s or even the M6s! It's good, because they're so cheap I'm willing to present her with another pair if she ever broke the ones she already has!

Good phones for the price, yes. Ideal if you're on a very tight budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back