Meelectronics cheapies, amazing for the price
Feb 21, 2010 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

spinneresque

100+ Head-Fier
I bought six pairs of the Meelectronics M2's just before Christmas ($6.99 each on sale ) and one pair of the M6's ($9.99 on sale) just to try them out and because I had heard good things... I wanted my friends to have decent IEM's. I am AMAZED at how good these things sound for as cheap as they are. When you pair them with a little amp, they can pretty much compete in the big(er) leagues. They really do need amplification to shine, but when they do, they REALLY do. I always like to have spare pairs of IEM's in case of emergency, so I am giving these a hearty recommendation. Just remember that without the amplification they are not so impressive (as one would expect with under $10 phones) but with the amp they can compete with Etys and my Atrios even. The main thing is they blow their price-range-competitors out of the water, such as the sony ex-70's or 90's etc, the sharp MD33's and certainly the JVC marshmallows. These all sound god-awful compare to these little MEE gems. If you are looking for spare, cheap, tolerable backup IEM's, these are your men.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 23
Agree they are a great value (I have M9s, M2s and M6s on hand). I had a hard time fitting the M6s, and prefer the M9s of the three. But have not tried them with an amp, I will try them out of my netbook with the uDac I have on hand.

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 23
I too had a very difficult time with the M6. The cable they use for the memory wire is too difficult to change a lot unless they changed that part in their new cable(I believe they changed the cable since I owned them).

OT post: tstarno6: I would be interested in knowing how the udac works with your other iems as I do think I may be buying them soon.

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 23
I am gonna listen to the CK10s, MTPs and my Grados tonight with the uDac and my netbook. I have Daouda's here, shipping it tomorrow. Not much burn in (do DACs need to burn in?), but it sounds very good. I need a good amp too, to try it out. The Amp3 hisses too much with the uDac. But I can tell you from some brief listening, I really like it. I am wondering if I will use it much, the only issue. I do very little listening out of my PC or netbook. But if it can make my phones sound even better, I may start.

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 23
You know, I just sent in the Ck10's to get remolded a couple days ago, and I've been using the M9's alot lately. IMO, the sound is very dependant on your seal and insertion amount. In the beginning, they sounded terrible, but after I stretched on a pair of hybrids (DO NOT DO THIS, THE HYBRIDS WILL BE UNUSABLE ON ANY OTHER EARPHONE LATER ON), the sound was perfect enough to not make me miss my CK10's [too much]!

Also, a protip for M6 users is to cut the memory wire thing. It's made of copper, so a little snip here and there an dyou can get the copper part out without damaging the actual earphones. The fit will we 10x better, I promise. Sony hybrids, as usual, work wonders too!

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 23
Great, I have some extra hybrids in da house. Will give them a try. Wow, reshelling the CK10s. I am very interested in the results. Please post in the CK10 thread or start a new one.

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 23
I was following the udac thread for a while and somewhere in the thread HeadphoneAddict mentions that they dont really change much with burn in.

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #8 of 23
Well, after 30 mins of listening to the uDac through my netbook, this is my next purchase. I dare say I think it sounds better than the Sony X or my other DAPs, for example. I haven't even tried it with a decent amp yet either, just HP out via the USB cable. I am impressed.

Back to M9.

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinneresque /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought six pairs of the Meelectronics M9's just before Christmas ($6.99 each on sale ) and one pair of the M6's ($9.99 on sale) just to try them out and because I had heard good things... I wanted my friends to have decent IEM's. I am AMAZED at how good these things sound for as cheap as they are. When you pair them with a little amp, they can pretty much compete in the big(er) leagues. They really do need amplification to shine, but when they do, they REALLY do. I always like to have spare pairs of IEM's in case of emergency, so I am giving these a hearty recommendation. Just remember that without the amplification they are not so impressive (as one would expect with under $10 phones) but with the amp they can compete with Etys and my Atrios even. The main thing is they blow their price-range-competitors out of the water, such as the sony ex-70's or 90's etc, the sharp MD33's and certainly the JVC marshmallows. These all sound god-awful compare to these little MEE gems. If you are looking for spare, cheap, tolerable backup IEM's, these are your men.
smily_headphones1.gif

hey spinneresque,

from where did you get them for this price ?

I live in india, Is there any chance of getting them in India ?

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nizarp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey spinneresque,

from where did you get them for this price ?

I live in india, Is there any chance of getting them in India ?

Yes, I'm also interested if that's the price. I bought a pair of M9s for my girlfriend at $19.99 from MEElec but they haven't arrived yet. Today I got my RE2 and I feel kind of cheated. The cable was supposed to be fabric knit and it's just ordinary black plastic... For $9.99 I would get a pair of M6s in a heartbeat. So where did you get them?

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #11 of 23
Hey guys, I had them shipped to Mum and Dad's house in America, I doubt they are available in India. They were on buy.com for $6.99 and I think $9.99, for just one day if memory serves. It was definitely a grab-them-while-you-can type of thing, and I knew it right away (that's why I bought 6 pairs.) :). Buy.com does stuff like that all the time. I told my friend about it and when he went to grab them 12 hours later the deal was over.

Don't feel cheated because I just got lucky (well my friends did actually...), they are WELL worth $20, both of them. Like I said, they are waaay better than their price range counterparts. I would have been happy to pay $20 for them, either style.

If anyone has any problem with MEE, I suggest contacting them. Their customer service was beyond helpful when I ran into a shipping snag one time. Be nice to them and they will be nice back.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #12 of 23
Received my M9Ps today and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with them out of the box. They're definitely bass-centric (which I like from time to time) and the mids are slightly recessed but for less than $20, I can't really find much fault with them. Heck, even the inline mic is pretty good!

I hear these little guys improve quite significantly with burn-in so I'm looking forward to see how they turn out after a few dozen hours.
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #13 of 23
If you try them with even a little amp, like a cmoy, you will notice a big difference in fullness and a smaller one in soundstage.

PS. so sorry guys, I got the model number mixed up there at the top. It was the M2's I got for $6.99 each. I'm really sorry for the mistake, I've gotten no sleep lately and I really should just stop putting things in writing. :frowning2: Promise to be more careful in the future.

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #15 of 23
Ok so I tested out the M2's and the M6's with my Fiio3. The M2's sound amazing and the difference with this baby amp is huge. As I said, the M2's really need amplification to shine, and shine they do.

The M6's sound at least as good if not better, I haven't listened long enough to really know the M6's. But I *can* say that the difference with the Fiio3 is obvious, it's just not a complete game-changer like it is with the M2's.

My humble opinion of course...
Seriously, the sound quality of these MEE phones is just so remarkable for their price, especially the M2's. Thank you MEE! I hope you make a lot of money with your cheap cheap headphones!

:))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back