Meelec M6 Sibilance Reduction Mod
Jan 16, 2011 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Zephyron

500+ Head-Fier

Just got the Meelec M6's today, great earphones for the price I must say (US$19.25) =)

Liked their sound right off the bat with the exception of some minor sibilance issues.

I did the mod that was mentioned in this thread, found it helpful in reducing the harshness so far, and would like to recommend it to others who may like the M6, but found it a little harsh.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/521571/meelectronics-m6-cl-sybillance

---------------------------------

As folks who own the M6 might already notice, the M6 has a huge bore that's unprotected by any earwax guards and the like, so its actually a good opportunity for users who want to probably mod the earphone's outgoing sound sig a little by stuffing something in there.

I've used low density foams and some fibre cloth to hold the foam inside + prevent possible earwax buildup on the cloth in the picture below. I believe the extent on how much the sound of the Meelec M6 maybe made warmer would depend on the diensity of the foam used.  Different users might want to experiment on this as they deem fit =)

I believe the picture below should explain for itself, so a step-by-step guide shouldn't be necessary =)

As for the tips, I'm using a pair of L-sized Shure E2 tips that have been cut in length so the drivers sit closer in, but really, the tips used should be up to the user's own preference =)

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 3
It doesn't affect the bass much if not at all in my experience, depends on the density of the foam used I guess.

Would imagine that it'd get less controlled and more boomy themore dense the foam is o.o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back