MD home deck for recording purposes
Jul 19, 2001 at 4:54 AM Post #16 of 18
Can you split it in half?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2001 at 9:29 AM Post #17 of 18
Back to the original topic, MD deck will make better recordings plus it will sound much better connected to your amp speakers/phones. I own JE530 which is a type R machine and there is a small but audiable difference in recording quality between it and my portable. As MacDEF pointed out titling is a lot faster (I use a remote keybord connector, takes me about 1.5 min per album) and connections can be left permanently. Talking about connections, if you CDP has a coaxial digital output, it is better to use this instead of optical. Also investing in better digital cables helps improve the recording quality IMO.

Jul 19, 2001 at 12:41 PM Post #18 of 18
I guess Sony must have dropped MD prices substantially. The MDSJE440 is $299 CDN and if it can make better recordings than the MZ-R50 (and save wear and tear on it) then it sounds like a no-brainer.

Kinda odd that a $299 unit will "outrecord" a $500 unit, but I suppose a modern day $200 CD player sounds much better than a $1000 one did in 1983. It is nice when lower prices and progress go hand in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back