McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES
Dec 20, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #412 of 412
For those that have purchased the lawton pads, have you found the sound signature changed much?

I've rolled a few pads on my set and the differences are very noticeable. More so than any cable changes I've done, but I agree that the stock cable isn't your friend.

Anyway, the Lawton pads I tried helped fill in the bass and managed to keep the soundstage. The worst pads I tried were Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin ones. They took the whole bottom end from the headphones and sucked the soul out of the mids. The highs remained pretty airy and nice, but the soundstage lost some immediacy. I took those off after a couple days and eventually found myself sticking with the Dekoni standard, premium sheepskin memory foam ones. The Lawtons have more angle to them and are for sure an upgrade over the stock pads. For me, I liked the sheepskin used with the Dekonis better and thought the combo with their memory foam was nicer for the short and long listening sessions. Who knows, could all be using the same materials and made by the same guy, but I settled on the non-fenestrated Dekonis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back