Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Mar 1, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #2,657 of 2,660
I just ordered a D1+ to use as a DAC exclusively used from ebay. I was wondering if we were sure the 627 opamp upgrades from Maverick Audio were legit. It's a price that's a good bit less than Mouser carries them for, but I would buy it if they are legit. Probably will also upgrade the tube soon.

Dec 31, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #2,658 of 2,660
I didn't touch my D1 for 1 year and upon recently powering it back up, the USB does not work. It just says "USB device has malfunctioned" in Windows.
Analog inputs work as expected, it's analog.

I have another D1 and it worked when I first bought it, but then the USB input stopped outputting sound.
In Windows, it'll show that it's connected, but there is no sound coming out of the D1+ suddendly and everything I tried does not work.
Analog inputs work perfect though.

Ryan is no help. There is no support for this, and the website support ticket system is completely broken.

Any ideas?

Dec 31, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #2,659 of 2,660
I didn't touch my D1 for 1 year and upon recently powering it back up, the USB does not work. It just says "USB device has malfunctioned" in Windows.
Analog inputs work as expected, it's analog.

I have another D1 and it worked when I first bought it, but then the USB input stopped outputting sound.
In Windows, it'll show that it's connected, but there is no sound coming out of the D1+ suddendly and everything I tried does not work.
Analog inputs work perfect though.

Ryan is no help. There is no support for this, and the website support ticket system is completely broken.

Any ideas?

Ouch bummer. That's a strange one. I've had this a few times and I think the only fix I found was to unplug the unit (and USB), turn it off, and then restart everything. Do the other inputs work? Worst case you could run an optical or coax cable from your computer to it (if you have a desktop).

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #2,660 of 2,660
Just bought me a D2 Maverick with upgraded opamps and tube. Great discount at the original manufacturer site — 229 USD. I love the sounds it makes. Can anyone recommend a good place to look for WE/GE tubes for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back