Matrix M-Stage best for $250?
Dec 12, 2010 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nastyskillz

Head-Fier
Is the Matrix M-Stage the best amp for $250? I think it's a solid state amp. this will most likely be used with HD 650s so i'm not sure if a SS or tube will do me better. 

On a side note I really wish there was a sticky thread with best amps at each price point. The same for headphones. I know everyone has their own opinions on what is considered best, but at least there could be some reference .

Dec 12, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Is the Matrix M-Stage the best amp for $250? I think it's a solid state amp. this will most likely be used with HD 650s so i'm not sure if a SS or tube will do me better. 

On a side note I really wish there was a sticky thread with best amps at each price point. The same for headphones. I know everyone has their own opinions on what is considered best, but at least there could be some reference .

Schiit Asgard, as well as a used Gilmore Lite would be contenders to the Mstage 

Dec 12, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Quote:

Schiit Asgard, as well as a used Gilmore Lite would be contenders to the Mstage 

Ok. Thank you. From what I have read from comparisons, many people favor the M Stage to the Asgard.

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #5 of 5
For my own situation, I was considering the m-stage, lovely cube, little dot mkiv se, dark voice 3322, & ming da m84c07. I was actually gonna pull the trigger on the ming da until i found out about the m-stage lol. Next up, wanna get the Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back