Master Clock Talk
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #3,002 of 3,375
I have the Tubulus Concentus on order. Hope it’s a jump from The Harmonic Technologies which are pretty darn good.

Nov 2, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #3,003 of 3,375
I have the Tubulus Concentus on order. Hope it’s a jump from The Harmonic Technologies which are pretty darn good.
I was amazed at how much better it is than the HT.

Don't forget, it needs a long burn-in (silver always does). Give it a month with the clock running and you will hear a new level of transparency.

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #3,004 of 3,375
strange question
I only believe that 10mhz clock
and clock cables match
and what is measured
nothing else
Clock signals have been standardised for decades. If they weren’t, then ADCs and DACs could only work with an external clock specifically made for them, rather than with any external clock (for digital audio). That standard calls for a 75 Ohm clock cable. However, this is not applicable with I2S, because I2S was never designed for connecting different pieces of equipment and therefore contains no external clocking provision. In other words, unlike other digital audio protocols, there is no correct clock cable, it’s whatever a manufacturer decides.

It’s therefore even more likely you will introduce even more jitter and therefore more jitter artefacts (noise and distortion) with externally clocked I2S (than with other protocols). Although that appears to be what some here desire, even though they are claiming they’re after lower noise/distortion (higher fidelity). This is “what is measured nothing else”.

G

Nov 2, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #3,005 of 3,375
Thanks everyone with your technical and subjective support. I got the 50 ohm bnc from aliexpress. I found sine wave to be tad better than internal clock of R26. It’s an improvement and noticeable.
On squarewave it has gone another level in terms of dynamics clarity and airiness but i find a slight harshness. Maybe that will go with burnin or not?
Any recommendations for bnc cable?
I am using burson timekeeper 3i amplifier with spendor classic 4/5 on desktop setup. Running roon, jriver and Apple Music.

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #3,006 of 3,375
For the LHY OCK-2 do you recommend turning the clock off if not used for a period of time >24hours or should I just leave it on 24/7 set it and forget it?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #3,008 of 3,375
Thanks everyone with your technical and subjective support. I got the 50 ohm bnc from aliexpress. I found sine wave to be tad better than internal clock of R26. It’s an improvement and noticeable.
On squarewave it has gone another level in terms of dynamics clarity and airiness but i find a slight harshness. Maybe that will go with burnin or not?
Any recommendations for bnc cable?
I am using burson timekeeper 3i amplifier with spendor classic 4/5 on desktop setup. Running roon, jriver and Apple Music.
Try adjusting the filters within R26, that could help smooth things up. Try to use square wave wherever possible, clock cable also affects the sound a lot, if the aliexpress clock cable is harsh, try Harmonic Tech, HT cable definitely is not harsh.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #3,009 of 3,375
For the LHY OCK-2 do you recommend turning the clock off if not used for a period of time >24hours or should I just leave it on 24/7 set it and forget it?

Thanks in advance.
It takes a long time for the clock to sync everything.

Once disconnected, it will take a while to resync.

I dont know how long but I think someone mentioned a week or a two.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #3,010 of 3,375
Try adjusting the filters within R26, that could help smooth things up. Try to use square wave wherever possible, clock cable also affects the sound a lot, if the aliexpress clock cable is harsh, try Harmonic Tech, HT cable definitely is not harsh.
Any idea where to purchase the HT cable in the US?

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #3,012 of 3,375
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #3,013 of 3,375

Users who are viewing this thread

Back