Massive Attack / Virgin Music Festival / Toronto --- Cancelled
Sep 8, 2006 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

philodox

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got an email saying that Massive Attack has been forced to cancel part of their tour and are being 'replaced' by Broken Social Scene...
frown.gif

Suffice it to say, I am going to get a refund for my tickets today.

Sep 8, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
That sucks...but no love for Broken Social Scene?

compared to tricky/massive attack? hmm, I would get my Money back too..
BSS is great, but no MA

Sep 8, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
No, but if I think if I already had the tix I might as well go...

or sell them outside the venue?!
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 11
Oh man, that is bad news..too bad for all you guys that were going. Yeah, I'd get my dosh back too.
On the plus side (for me anyway, and taking into account it's Rochester I'm talking about...) I'm taking my two boys to see The Town Pants ( hailing all the way from Vancover, B.C. ) on Sunday and, in my own small way, I'm pumped
tongue.gif

Again...bummer..

Sep 9, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 11
Well at $70 a ticket, seeing a band that I don't care about and is local... not so exciting.
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 11
I heard they also moved Amon Tobin to the previous day, which makes it even worse. I guess that makes my mind up for me.

Sep 9, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #9 of 11
hope the New York shows are still on...any news on why they cancelled?
whose opening for them?

Sep 9, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #10 of 11
The email said that 'despite their best efforts' they couldn't get their work visas in line in time for the first four shows. They were Toronto, Montreal, Detroit, and one more I think.

Sep 9, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by s m @
The email said that 'despite their best efforts' they couldn't get their work visas in line in time for the first four shows. They were Toronto, Montreal, Detroit, and one more I think.

I hope the Tower Theater (Philadelphia/Upper Darby Pa.) show is still on. I have tickets for September 30th...
mad.gif

[just checked Ticketmaster, looks like the Detroit show was the last one cancelled...Houston, Texas is the next show, apparently scheduled to go on...Philadelphia is pretty far down the list...can't get their travel/work visas in order! Don't ya think that all of that would be taken care of before shows are scheduled and tickets sold!...wish I could see that Massive Attack/TV On The Radio show at the Hollywood Bowl!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back