Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Nov 22, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #31 of 766
This is very tempting... too bad I'm short of cash for a new IEM at the moment. For those that join, good luck guys! :)

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #32 of 766
Sorry about this muck of a question but....I was going to pull the trigger on the IBasso IT03 phones, but now these show up. I know the driver setup is different, but for those that have Nobles...do you love 'em or what?
I'm thinking about getting these instead from the reviews I've read about Nobles in general.

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #33 of 766
Sorry about this muck of a question but....I was going to pull the trigger on the IBasso IT03 phones, but now these show up. I know the driver setup is different, but for those that have Nobles...do you love 'em or what?
I'm thinking about getting these instead from the reviews I've read about Nobles in general.

Could be wrong here but from what I read on the IT03, they're tuned more V or U shaped. This means it's geared more for electronic, pop, type music rather than something more linear or have a slight down tilt.

Anyone know what kind of tuning these Noble Massdrops will have? Also, has Noble always been made in the USA?

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #35 of 766
The savant had the least bass response out of the group, the sage has more bass response than the savant, and has similar highs as the savant. The noble x has essentially the same lows as the sage, but the high frequency response is not the same as the sage.

Three different products, three different sound signatures

So the X has.....more high frequency response or less?

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #37 of 766
I probably shouldn't spend the money, but I can't help trying these for this price. I had the old acrylic shell Savants and regret giving them up ever since. Plus I'm really excited to try out the lightning cable!

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #38 of 766
Pretty happy with my RE00, and normally I'm not a big iem guy, but damn I'm tempted.

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #40 of 766
The X has a downward sloping signature with moderate bump around 2.5k.

I was considering these until that. It will be great for some as that will be a 'clean' or detailed sounding bump but is a range I perceive a glassy and personally don't acclimate well to. I don't understand why I keep considering more devices that just
sit around even when they're good. I'm really happy with what I have. Bloody addiction, I tell you.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #41 of 766
Can anyone chime in about how heavy these are?  They look kind of bulky.  I had a pair of Dunu DN-1000's and liked the sound but they were so heavy, they would slide out of my ears.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #43 of 766
  Can anyone chime in about how heavy these are?  They look kind of bulky.  I had a pair of Dunu DN-1000's and liked the sound but they were so heavy, they would slide out of my ears.

Despite their size, not heavy at all. I'd almost call them light considering their size. Side by side I can't really feel the weight difference between these and TripleFis or Westones.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #45 of 766
The savant had the least bass response out of the group, the sage has more bass response than the savant, and has similar highs as the savant. The noble x has essentially the same lows as the sage, but the high frequency response is not the same as the sage.

Three different products, three different sound signatures

Hi FullCircle!

How is the highs of the Noble X compared to the Savant and Sage? Is it more in quantity or less than the other two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back