Massdrop x Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid Amp (CTH) - Dropping Monday
Jul 16, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #796 of 1,442
I'd be interested in this question as well since I have Tung-Sol 2C51s with an adapter in my Valhalla 2 (which uses 6922s) and also have a couple of cheap but pretty decent GE 5670s (same tube type). Since I haven't seen any discussion of this, I've just assumed the answer was no. (Though as a practical matter, I think it would be a real PITA to get the adapter seated in the CTH. It wasn't that easy, at least for non-dexterous me, to get it into the Valhalla 2 properly and the single small opening in the CTH looks even more difficult.)

I've rolled 2c51s, 6n3Ps, and 6C8Gs for the past three months and haven't ran into an issue. Now saying that, it is my amp and it doesn't mean your amp won't take a dive. Keep in mind this is a "do at your own risk" and if the amp blows the up there's no warranty.

I will say that 6C8Gs do widen up the sound stage and provides a more holographic sound.

Jul 16, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #797 of 1,442
I bought this amp for this reason. You can use the 2c51 in it. As well as the 6C8G/with proper adapters.
I'd be interested in this question as well since I have Tung-Sol 2C51s with an adapter in my Valhalla 2 (which uses 6922s) and also have a couple of cheap but pretty decent GE 5670s (same tube type). Since I haven't seen any discussion of this, I've just assumed the answer was no. (Though as a practical matter, I think it would be a real PITA to get the adapter seated in the CTH. It wasn't that easy, at least for non-dexterous me, to get it into the Valhalla 2 properly and the single small opening in the CTH looks even more difficult.)

Jul 17, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #798 of 1,442
Hi, does anyone have a phone number for Massdrop? I ordered a CTH two weeks ago, received a confirmation email for shipping with the proper address, but when I ran the tracking number it’s going to an old address.

I emailed their Customer Service 3x, and in-mailed Cee Tee and Will, all without a response.

Jul 17, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #799 of 1,442
I don't think they have a number. Try their Facebook page.
Hi, does anyone have a phone number for Massdrop? I ordered a CTH two weeks ago, received a confirmation email for shipping with the proper address, but when I ran the tracking number it’s going to an old address.

I emailed their Customer Service 3x, and in-mailed Cee Tee and Will, all without a response.

Jul 17, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #800 of 1,442
Jul 23, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #802 of 1,442
i have bought a second genalex to replace another gold lion tube that i thought wasnt working correctly. both only play through one channel on the cth. both play fine on original diy
cth

Troubleshoot by going through your chain. Unplug all cables and plug them back in. Try the cables on the original CTH and see if that fixes the issue. If you've gone through your chain I'd contact Massdrop for warranty repair/replacement.

Jul 23, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #803 of 1,442
Troubleshoot by going through your chain. Unplug all cables and plug them back in. Try the cables on the original CTH and see if that fixes the issue. If you've gone through your chain I'd contact Massdrop for warranty repair/replacement.

This is a replacement cth. The first one just up and quit one day. It had a problem with the first gold lion i put in it. the gold lion worked fine in my original diy cth. So I got a replacement massdrop cth. original gold lion didnt work(one channel). So I bought another to see. New one does the same. plays fine in diy cth, one channel in new massdrop cth.

Jul 23, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #804 of 1,442
This is a replacement cth. The first one just up and quit one day. It had a problem with the first gold lion i put in it. the gold lion worked fine in my original diy cth. So I got a replacement massdrop cth. original gold lion didnt work(one channel). So I bought another to see. New one does the same. plays fine in diy cth, one channel in new massdrop cth.

Could be the tube itself. Have any other tubes you could try instead of the Gold Lion?

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #805 of 1,442

How were you able to get any customer service out of Massdrop? I ordered my CTH on July 10th, received a confirmation email with the correct address, but when I received the email with the the tracking number, an old address was listed.

I've sent at least 10 emails to a Customer Service, each time getting nothing back but a form letter. I also in-mailed Cee Tee and Will without a response.

Now it's been delivered to the wrong address and I'm trying to work with the local Post Office there to get it picked up and forwarded to me.

I'm very pissed off, I've never had such bad service.

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #807 of 1,442
How were you able to get any customer service out of Massdrop? I ordered my CTH on July 10th, received a confirmation email with the correct address, but when I received the email with the the tracking number, an old address was listed.

I've sent at least 10 emails to a Customer Service, each time getting nothing back but a form letter. I also in-mailed Cee Tee and Will without a response.

Now it's been delivered to the wrong address and I'm trying to work with the local Post Office there to get it picked up and forwarded to me.

I'm very pissed off, I've never had such bad service.

it took a few days to get a reply. then a few days for the guy to look into seeing if there was another cth to replace mine with. Few days later, it was here.

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #808 of 1,442
it took a few days to get a reply. then a few days for the guy to look into seeing if there was another cth to replace mine with. Few days later, it was here.

I have been emailing them since July 13, with form letters being the only response, last time I'll by anything from them.

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #809 of 1,442
I have been emailing them since July 13, with form letters being the only response, last time I'll by anything from them.

@CEE TEE Would you have a different Massdrop contact that Wild can get ahold of? Thanks for any information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back