Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Apr 25, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #5,041 of 6,783
Anyone else is having their headphone pads getting detached from the caps? They start getting loose for me, just like that, without a valid reason. I'm trying to put them back but they keep getting released around the top and bottom edges. 

Is there a simple way to fix this problem? 

Yeah mine has the same problem, the top of right ear up is slightly coming off just from regular use

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #5,042 of 6,783
Yeah mine has the same problem, the top of right ear up is slightly coming off just from regular use

Damn! It's really coming off. Not sure whether I should stitch it down or use a glue.
Right now, I just keep pushing it in.

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #5,043 of 6,783
Concur with the upper-mids being harsh, especially with colder/brighter sources. I cannot wait to replace my PC DAC (I'm still using that old ELE FOTM) with the Geek Out 450, which only shipped yesterday. I'm right fed up with LH, but at least this ride will end soon and by all accounts I should be pleased.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #5,044 of 6,783
My iPad is a great pairing for the mikros. N Santa clip...
No fancy daps with whacky user interface for me:)

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #5,045 of 6,783
  heard the V patina briefly..v spacious sounding, someone offering me a IV under a 100.
v temptg...

I own IV, and heard V (and VI) at a local meet. FAD Heaven V = clearer II, whilst VI = clearer IV.

But based on my ears, between II and IV, I will pick IV, but between V and VI, I will pick V. II and V are the bass-boosted version of IV and VI.

Now I am saving to buy a used V.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #5,046 of 6,783
The harshness goes away completely with QC3 pad mod.

Are the the best headphones in the world? I mean, being able to beat $400 cans and in you guy's cases almost $1000 cans, while being extremely portable, I think we have a winner.

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #5,048 of 6,783
  This is from a local meet. I think about ten people tried the Mikros, and all are impressed, especially when I told them the price.

I have done it as well with seven different people. All of them have been impressed with the Mikros. Mostly with their rich level of details and clarity. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #5,049 of 6,783
where is this...

and what goodies are on the table?  
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #5,050 of 6,783
^
Oh i also forgot to add that the fatiguing factor is GREATER diminished if your sources are a bit warmer with less of an analytical/ cold sound. As it has been stated tons of tymes these Logans scales beautifully to your sources so a great way to counteract those upper mids is a source change. I would imagine the FiiO X5 would gel better for these Logans than say the DX90s due to their slightly warmer but yet very transparent sound. But you never know though, and i wish some peps that own the X5 and the DX90s can chime in and give us some useful impressions.

I am still crazy happy with my FiiO E17 dac via my vali amp, and it seems that these Logans gels pretty damn nicely with the Geek Out i just got, and should be amazing as well hooked to the vali using the geeks dac. So pretty excited to try these Logans out that way. RE_HYPED!!! :ksc75smile:  

Forgot,to mention that, thanks for clarifying!

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #5,053 of 6,783
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826532001

Neweggs offer discounts now n then....like a yo yo.

----------------

U guys have abrasive ears, or u have been pulling ion the pads during modding??
:rolleyes:

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #5,055 of 6,783
A quarter of mankind lives in your country....big market for a good value iem or portable :D I reckon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back