Make the change—with one tiny wire.FiiO Headphone cable- RC-X will be in the market
Jun 11, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #16 of 167
Wouldn't it be cool to make adapters that allow single set of such cables to truly fit with all three types of headphones?

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #18 of 167
Any chance of colour choices, in particular blue for the UE 900?

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #22 of 167
I've spend hundreds of hours listening to my tf10s with the stock cable so I'm fairly confident my brain isn't playing with me when I say the RC-UE2s are a really great upgrade. I say upgrade because the sound signature didn't drastically change but there is a distinct clarity in the low end that wasn't there with the stock cables. There was a volume I could push them to, lets say 5, to get great sound and no clipping on the low end - at 6 the highs and mids were still clean but the low end was a mess. Now they can be used on 6 with no distortion on the low end.

The cable itself seems tough, the angled connectors and shaped (not memory wire) wire around the ear comfortable. The jack is a monster - big, heavy, and all business. The braided design looks better IMO.

This cable is superior in every way to the stock POS the tf10s ship with and for 30 bucks? If you own tf10s and your cable ISN'T broken you should still pick these up. You will fall in love your tf10s all over again.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #24 of 167
Quote:
Why "make the change"? I am not a wires guy and not an electrical engineer so the reported specs do not translate to what makes these wires better than the original.

It depends. I've opened up a shure(SE215's) cable before. It's a rather thin copper wire that's inside, but it feels thick because of the grounding and kelver. Fiio is an improvement in that 1. they are much thicker, and have more actual "wires" in them. 26awg to be more specific. 2. Better quality wire. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #25 of 167
How's the sound if my SE215 use the FiiO RC-SE1 cable and the FiiO E11

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #27 of 167
Jun 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #29 of 167
how about replacing the cable with the RC-SE1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back