Magnet Wire differences?
Feb 27, 2007 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eyeteeth

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been using the Speltz Anti-Cable for the past few days and like it. There is the visual amusement of its skinniness apparently offering no reduction of current between my 200wpc and 85db speakers. Out of pure audio greed I was pondering getting two more pairs for these tri-wireable speakers and am tempted by the Anti-Ic interconnects. I like simplicity of connection but I don't like the pricing; $150 for a one meter pair with ($40) Eichmann plugs. For $70 I can get 8,000 feet of the stuff!

Am I missing something or is there a difference between magnet wires?

http://www.oemwire.com/magnetwire.htm

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 4
I am using the Speltz Jumpers which work/sound great.......I also have some speaker cables but makes for a very messy looking application, and if you use spades hard to keep them oriented flat and not appling twisting pressure

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi DA, thanks for the reply.

When I first considered Anti-Cables a few months ago I was thinking of the jumpers when I thought "why not just strip the enamel off a few more inches and run the wire up through all three binding posts?". I haven't done so as yet. As I got quite a lift it seemed in transparency when I removed terminations from some Belden copper cable I was playing with, I ordered the Anti-Cable unterminated.

You're right about the looks being messy, especially when each wire is bent to stay out of contact with anything. I'd take a pic but my camera has hidden itself...the little bugger!

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 4
*bump*

Anyone?
smily_headphones1.gif

I do feel like taking a chance on the Anti-IC but damn that's a big mark-up. Does anyone feel the Eichmann Bullet plugs are worth the $50 over the Neutrik RCA plugs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back