Magic moments....
Apr 25, 2004 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
Don't you just love headphones. Of course you do, you must do if your visiting Head-Fi.

I was out on Friday morning with my Panasonic SL-CT790 and Ety-ER4Ps. I was going commando that day so no amplifier. I was running straight out of the player itself.

I had a rummage around the shelf before I left home and came up with "Hot Rail" from Calexico.

The last track on this cd is a binaural recording of some railroad workers. There is a worker shouting to his fellow workers and there is also a road drill in use. I swear when I heard it, I turned around and looked and for a moment I really believed that there was some construction going on around me.

To me, this is what makes it all truly worthwhile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Enjoy the music is what it's all about. Glad to hear you had an awesome headphone moment Mick. I love those times when you hear something like that for the first time.

Apr 25, 2004 at 1:31 PM Post #5 of 5
A few months ago with headphones on I pressed play on the CDP and thought I felt the bass in my feet through the floor. I instantly whipped off the phones thinking my speakers were pounding out the tune, but they were silent.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back