Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 14, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #33,376 of 48,601
  Hey, just use the HEKs 
biggrin.gif

Plug a secondary amp into the Mixamp and go!
It's an experience [well I am using a different device, but still
basshead.gif

beerchug.gif
]

Hey, I tried googleing but I'm not sure what HEKs are. Also, I don't have a Mixamp, but a similar unit by Turtle Beach called the DSS.

Thanks for trying to help, tho.

Here's my original post, maybe that will help...

"Guys, I'm on ps4 and running the HD598 into the old DSS, mic is a cheap clipon, into a splitter, into controller, with chat audio "Output to TV or Amplifier" option enabled.

The DSS drives these things crazy loud and distortion free, however when I play with friends, chat is so loud I have to turn everything way down, effectively meaning I can't soundwhore with friends.

Changing the sound mix to Supercrunch (BO3) made the game louder, and helped a bit, but not enough.

For some reason the chat volume adjust doesn't seem to work when this option is enabled.... what gives?"

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #33,377 of 48,601
Hey, I tried googleing but I'm not sure what HEKs are. Also, I don't have a Mixamp, but a similar unit by Turtle Beach called the DSS.

"Guys, I'm on ps4 and running the HD598 into the old DSS, mic is a cheap clipon, into a splitter, into controller, with chat audio "Output to TV or Amplifier" option enabled.

The DSS drives these things crazy loud and distortion free, however when I play with friends, chat is so loud I have to turn everything way down, effectively meaning I can't soundwhore with friends.

Changing the sound mix to Supercrunch (BO3) made the game louder, and helped a bit, but not enough.

For some reason the chat volume adjust doesn't seem to work when this option is enabled.... what gives?"

Game and chat audio needs to be on two separate inputs (usb and optical) to work. Route your chat via usb and it will work fine.

Dec 15, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #33,378 of 48,601
Awesome! What would be the best way to plug my mic into a usb? Or do I need another mic? I have a Someone Meteorite usb mic... I tried that way back when I first got my ps4, but it was way to sensitive for chat... picked up the AC blowing, and the game sounds from my open-backed headphones.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #33,379 of 48,601
If any of you AKG owners are interested in a spare coiled cable exactly like the one that comes with the K712, do shoot me a pm with an offer. Works with the Q701 and K7XX. I may also part with my boompro adapter.

Shipping off the K7XX, today. It will be dearly missed :frowning2:

On the bright side, TH-X00 should be here by the weekend :)

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #33,381 of 48,601

Aah, nevermind!
I mistook your avatar for someoneelse's.
Sorry:)

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #33,384 of 48,601
Creative did via Twitter. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #33,386 of 48,601
Does the G5 support chat on ps4 and Xbox one?

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #33,389 of 48,601
Hmm so would the new astro mixamp tr be a better choice than the new G5?

Unless Creative adds DD/DTS via firmware update it seems that the mixamp might be a better option as far as surround quality goes. Sound quality wise the G5 wins.

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #33,390 of 48,601
I stumbled on this thread after just buying the Philips X2/27 Fidelio when they were on sale at Amazon and wanting to get them setup with my Xbox One.  I've been researching the virtual sound devices and just wondering if anyone has been a test mule for this china made model?

http://www.gearbest.com/speakers/pp_75414.html?currency=USD&gclid=CKSG1v3M3skCFQ6SfgodAfAMWw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back