Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 7, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #23,583 of 48,580
It images amazingly well in surround. More rounded, less oval.

May 7, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #23,588 of 48,580

Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee - Limited Edition - same peak? 
evil_smiley.gif

May 7, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #23,589 of 48,580

Dafuq is that. I assume thats your k712 cable. If something happened, that is unfortunate. I don't remember seeing any damage to it. Let me know if you need anything because thats starting to make me feel bad. I'm a broke mofo, but since I can't be 100% sure where the damage came from I'll do whatever.

May 7, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #23,590 of 48,580

Heads up guys, I'm getting a consistently high amount of resistance from the V-moda Boom Pro cable: A whopping 6 ohms or so. Not sure if the mic channel causes some issues, but I would at least recommend only using the Boom Pro cable for gaming, and not for music listening. Testing some other cables, I get the normal 0.6-0.8ohms of resistance.

Can anyone else test the resistance of the Boom Pro cable?

Which part are you measuring?  When I measure the Tip (with the mic & headphone splitter attached for PC use) to Tip I get 3.0 ohms, Ring to Ring is 3.0 ohms, Sleeve to Sleeve is 0.8 ohms on my Boom Pro.

EDIT: DOH! I thought something was off... Then I re-read SaLX's post. I had the inline volume dial set for low volume. I just updated my measurements with the inline volume at max. For comparison, my hacked stock ATH-AD700 cable is 0.4 ohms for T & R, 0.6 ohms for S.

I have been measuring similarly high resistance values for the V-Moda Boom Pro cable:

Tip ⇔ Tip:  ~6 Ohm *
Ring ⇔ Ring: ~4.5 Ohm (±0.2)
Sleeve ⇔ Sleeve: ~1.3 Ohm

Measurements with the in-line volume at maximum*, attaching the V-Moda y-adapter for PC did not lead to to significantly differently readings (± 0.2 max).

* I found that "fiddling' with the in-line volume control (turning the wheel all the way down and back up) could lead to inconsistently varying results, but measurements would generally fall in the 6.0 - 6.4 Ohm range.

(I don't have the 'normal' V-Moda cable to compare)

May 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #23,591 of 48,580
So we can assume that is is still and very high resistance compared to basically all other cables.

May 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #23,592 of 48,580
Dafuq is that. I assume thats your k712 cable. If something happened, that is unfortunate. I don't remember seeing any damage to it. Let me know if you need anything because thats starting to make me feel bad. I'm a broke mofo, but since I can't be 100% sure where the damage came from I'll do whatever.

I'm just glad I was watching his stream while he noticed it. Stillhart and I were able to lighten his mood a little.

That definitely wasn't there when I had it. We came up with a couple ways, however, to get this resolved. I'll chip in as well, since its also been in my posession, but hopefully the culprit will fess up.

Let's keep this in our PM, though...

May 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #23,594 of 48,580
Going for ps3>mixamp or o2 amp/dac or both? > akg k712's will this suffice for a good experience with gaming, music and movies?

You need the Mixamp for surround on gaming and movies.  The O2 will work in conjunction with the Mixamp, and is probably a good idea with those headphones.  I don't belive you can use the ODAC with the PS3, so save your money there.

And yes, that looks like a phat setup.

May 7, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #23,595 of 48,580
I've been sticking with PC thus far for my virtual surround setup, but want to make the jump to the xbox one. I've searched quite a but for a solution given that my headphone doesn't have a removable cable and the Xbox one will NOT play chat through the speakers so you can't simply connect a mic into the headset adapter. I'm following these instructions: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1686126.aspx and have ordered a DSS and the y-connector, but I still need the headset adapter and a mic. Does anyone have any suggestions or a more elegant solution for the Xbox one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back