Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #14,566 of 48,562
Quote:

I'll admit that after hammering down on my IBM Model M 1391401 for a while (which, like all the early IBM-built boards, has noticeably stiffer buckling springs than the current Unicomp-built ones), anything with Cherry MX Blues or Browns feels downright mushy, with the keys being bottomed-out almost instantly. Then I use one of those for a while, go back to the Model M, and remember how stiff it really is.

Then again, I have a habit of striking keyboard keys pretty hard with my fingers no matter what I'm using. It's just the way I type.

While I still wouldn't want 'em on my primary keyboard...it might be considered for a gaming mini-keyboard sort of device, like the various Belkin/Razer N52s, the Logitech G13, the Razer Orbweaver, etc. I've actually seen pics of N52s modded with MX Reds on Geekhack before. (But then such a device would have to fight for desk space, which is at a premium when it's dominated by a full-size keyboard, a decently-sized mousepad, and a CH Products Fighterstick and Pro Throttle already. I'd even throw the 3Dconnexion SpacePilot on top of that list if I actually used it regularly.)

I use a Ideazon Fang gaming keypad. This is out of production since Steelseries took over Ideazon years ago.
23-161-023-07.jpg

There is a complete Steelseries keyboard from the Ideazon heritage that still incorporates the lovely WSAD keys like the FANG has, but it is huge:
SteelSeries-Merc-Stealth-Blue-light.jpg

I actually have a backup unit bought used from Ebay. This combined with my 3 units of Logitech G9x will keep me warm for the next 10 years of FPS! Btw the G9x is perfect for mouse pad less gaming if you want. And if you do not like more buttons, just do not use them.

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #14,567 of 48,562
Its not that I won't use the buttons (which I won't), its that they get in the way. They mess up your grip. You constantly feel them and you have to press them because of that messing up the game.

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #14,568 of 48,562
Quote:
Its not that I won't use the buttons (which I won't), its that they get in the way. They mess up your grip. You constantly feel them and you have to press them because of that messing up the game.

Can you show us on the doll where the (computer) mouse touched you? Nothing you've said regarding mice happens to anyone else lol. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #14,570 of 48,562
Quote:
The cpus won't be bottlenecking the PS4 anytime soon.  Hell, cpus are becoming less and less utilized with each new game anyways.

Ever played PlanetSide 2, which has incidentally been announced for the PS4?

That game is ridiculously CPU-bottlenecked more than anything, if the in-game FPS counter is any indication. Even people with the latest CPUs, overclocked quite a bit, are having performance issues if the forums are any indication.

Quote:

I certainly don't want a mouse with less buttons than my Logitech G500 (and even that's not enough a lot of the time), but I have shied away from those "numpad on side" mice like the Razer Naga for precisely that reason. Having a bunch of buttons is one thing, but they also need to be laid out sensibly to allow a good grip without accidental presses.

I'd put the Cyborg M.M.O. 7 to the test, but I am not paying $100+ for a computer mouse. Not when my two G500s only cost me $35-42 each. (And while I'm not usually one to comment on aesthetics, those Cyborg mice are just...hideous. At least they feel nice to hold.)

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #14,571 of 48,562
How about this one?

How do you tell if a mouse works well with the hand? All of these strangely shaped mice make me think they won't work as well with holding it.

Edit: How do the buttons on the side even work? Do you assign them in game or are they premapped?

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #14,572 of 48,562
Quote:
How about this one?

How do you tell if a mouse works well with the hand? All of these strangely shaped mice make me think they won't work as well with holding it.

Is your hand large and do you rest your palm on the mouse? If so, buy these: http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Deathadder-Precision-Infrared-Gaming/dp/B004MR3QY4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1371757892&sr=8-3&keywords=Death+Adder+3500

You will not regret it. You tell by testing it out. Basically you should try and find reviews for the type of style with which you grip the mouse. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #14,573 of 48,562
Yes, that is the way I hold the mouse. The back half of my palm rests on the mouse. But... That's really expensive o.o

Edit: My friend always recommended Razer to me, but I never bought anything from them! I'll have to think about money for a while.

Edit2: Wait, they make a left handed edition?! Oh, but I switched over to right handed a long time ago..

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #14,575 of 48,562
Please send us a picture of your hand holding your mouse!!!!!

atsmile.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #14,579 of 48,562
Alright, now I'm starting to get concerned about the HE-400. I'm someone who likes a pretty flat can that sits somewhere on the bright side. I'm hoping the bass on these things is more extended than emphasized.

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #14,580 of 48,562
It's definitely more extended than emphasized.  It's just that it's an overly warm headphone.  The upper midrange is recessed to the point of harmonics and 'in-your-face' energy of songs can become subdued, so it's really laid-back sounding.  A lot of people like it of that, some don't like it because they want a more in-your-face headphone.

It's a deliberately colored headphone, if you wanted more neutral you should have gotten HE-500, which is still warm too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back