Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #8,716 of 48,566
The E11 isn't going to noticeably improve the CAL. They are incredibly easy to drive, so amping them won't really do much, aside from imparting whatever sonic trait the E11 has.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #8,717 of 48,566
Quote:
Uh, if you want to use the rather bulky-sized DT880 250ohm headphone portably, you're gonna want the powerful new FiiO E12 coming nov/dec, or something from Ray Samuel Audio. You'll be well out of the norm and into niche requirements at that point.
Also, from experience... You can't live with your parents forever, eventually they're going to be annoyed with paying your expenses while you make un-frugal purchases, and living on your own you'll probably have a whole different perspective on budget... Like buy nice headphones, or continue saving up for a new car, or fixing the toilet, or a comfortable chair, or making your place look nice so your lady friends will want to come over...
Think about it.

Ofc I won't be living with them forever but psh I'm gonna milk them as long as I can! But trust me -.- I budget my money and most of my purchase I complete the plan to buy then w8 8 months to save the money and buy xD, so yea it will be a while till I get anything seeing as I have bills to pay, gas to put in my car as well as insurance, phone bill and all sorts of other FUN expenses, thanks for the life leasson though! 
Quote:
I haven't seen ANYTHING more portable and cheaper than the E11 with the same or more power.
Maybe the CMOY? ACtually, it seems weak vs the E11.

The JDS Labs cMoy BB 2.03 2x9V that I have, costs twice as much as an E11 is slighty bigger and has MUCH more power, but yea the E11 is a great buy. It's small and has plenty of power! But It's not a good synergy with my Dt 880 250 Ohm... the E12 Might be... but I'm not a fan of Fiio's Sound Signiture on my DT 880 tbh! 

Oct 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #8,718 of 48,566
Holy hell, even with all warmth jumpers pushed in, the DT990/600 off the PS3 (analog out to SA-31) was bright as HELL. Almost absurdly so.

I have never heard the DT990 being so bright. I won't be doing that again.

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #8,719 of 48,566
Quote:
Holy hell, even with all warmth jumpers pushed in, the DT990/600 off the PS3 (analog out to SA-31) was bright as HELL. Almost absurdly so.

xD sheesh, that sounds like fun

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #8,720 of 48,566

What game?
Sorry or your... hearing loss.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #8,721 of 48,566
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. In stereo, it has really hard left to right panning, and its very treble oriented. Dolby Headphone is a blessing for this game, even if its 2D.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #8,722 of 48,566
Been a while since I checked in.  I got my E17 today and the results have been great.  It gives me the booming bass the E7 lacked for gaming when paired with a Mixamp.  I'm liking bass levels 2, 4, and 6 for most games, though there's a certain novelty to firing the Barrett .50cal in MW3 on bass level 10.  BOOM!

Working out a bit nicer as a DAC than the E7.  Bass levels 0 and 2 are making everything sound great, and the treble equalizer can rein in my DT990s when the treble gets a little out of hand in certain situations.

The amp is an attractive little device and menus are responsive and easy to navigate.  Not much to say here.

Amazing amp. If you want more bass from your Mixamp without sound clipping and/or a great DAC, this is your amp right here.

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #8,724 of 48,566
For the purpose of gaming, you definitely don't. They would like something as cheap as the E7 to have a better source than onboard soundcards though. Not sure what you're using them with/for.

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #8,725 of 48,566
Quote:
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. In stereo, it has really hard left to right panning, and its very treble oriented. Dolby Headphone is a blessing for this game, even if its 2D.

Are you saying DH is a blessing because you're using it to tone down the treble in that game, even if there's no real positional benefit?

Or maybe it's to minimize the hard-panning, though I really don't mind that as much for 2D games, for whatever reason.

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #8,726 of 48,566
A blessing for that game in general. That game is too treble oriented.

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #8,728 of 48,566
Quote:
Been a while since I checked in.  I got my E17 today and the results have been great.  It gives me the booming bass the E7 lacked for gaming when paired with a Mixamp.  I'm liking bass levels 2, 4, and 6 for most games, though there's a certain novelty to firing the Barrett .50cal in MW3 on bass level 10.  BOOM!

Working out a bit nicer as a DAC than the E7.  Bass levels 0 and 2 are making everything sound great, and the treble equalizer can rein in my DT990s when the treble gets a little out of hand in certain situations.

The amp is an attractive little device and menus are responsive and easy to navigate.  Not much to say here.

Amazing amp. If you want more bass from your Mixamp without sound clipping and/or a great DAC, this is your amp right here.

Yea I wanting to get a E17 Dt 990 Pro 250 as my next combo. Wanna do a Cowon DAP so I can EQ while portable and use the E17 as my dedicated home AMP/DAC till next spring cuz next spring I want to get

Audinis HUD mx1 + Hifiman Ef-5+AudioQUest RCA Cableing

:D gonna pair that with a Dt 880 600 and have my home set up in FIN mode for the time being. I'll keep my dt 880 for Portable use, along with the 990. Not sure if I even want to get the XB1000 any more :[ as I LOVE Dub Step on EQ'd 880s which makes me think I should get the DT1350 for the Byer Sound I love and the +5 st8 Line Sub Response I'd like. Then use my Cowon DAP to eq the 1350 if I need [seeing as I'll be using an amp with them]

Going to research my Winter Purchase now ^^ [the Cowon E17 Dt 990 or 1350]

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #8,729 of 48,566
Quote:

Or maybe it's to minimize the hard-panning, though I really don't mind that as much for 2D games, for whatever reason.

I want to play my 2-D platformers in 5.1 surround sound!!  The 5.1 positioning really gives me a competitive edge of those nasty sprites!

/sarcasm

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #8,730 of 48,566
I want to play my 2-D platformers in 5.1 surround sound!!  The 5.1 positioning really gives me a competitive edge of those nasty sprites!

/sarcasm

From what I've heard about the sadistic 2D Castlevania games, ANY advantage or aid to keep you sharp or hit that ledge at exactly this moment, would be a godsend.

The most recent game wasn't too hard though, kinda like a poor cousin of God of War and Devil May Cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back