Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 20, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #38,611 of 48,562

It's a subconscious thing. Yes, obviously, if you're taking a guy who slaps ten thousand effects onto his mic audio to sound "better" then you're dealing with someone who doesn't know what the hell they're doing, but these are all things that viewers might not consciously go "wow that guy is using an expensive microphone" but someone flipping around from video to video is far, far more likely to stick around when the person sounds bell clear like they've got a professional setup going. 

Fair point.

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #38,614 of 48,562
  For YT, forget SQ.. If there is no sound dampening on the walls im nexting!! (joke)

LMAO jeez the number of people I see with their entire room covered in acoustic foam... like... professional recording studios don't even do that.

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #38,615 of 48,562
Well, I just posted a YouTube video, but I know it has bad audio in parts and I used a Snowball as an improvement over my phone's mic, sooooooo too intimidated to share it with this audio engineer crowd! Already have someone who subscribed just so he/she can know when a video goes up, and downvote it in less time than it would take to watch the video.

All that dedication though, I guess that's one kind of fan.

What mic was he using previously?

Uh, pbhhhhht, I think he had a BoomPro that developed a short (wonder how THAT happened), and then a few cheap lapel mics before the Snowball?

I mean, once upon a time, I had a decent pair of headphones on my ears, and a splitter so I could use a gamer headset around my neck just so I could point the mic up and use that. We've all been there at some point, just kludging together whatever temporary fix works, right?

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #38,616 of 48,562
Guys, need opinions on this, i got Q701 right now and i like it very much. Recently i saw a good deal for R70X here, to maybe replace the old Q701, haven't got the time to go for A/B test tho.. Soo yay or nay?

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #38,617 of 48,562
Guys, need opinions on this, i got Q701 right now and i like it very much. Recently i saw a good deal for R70X here, to maybe replace the old Q701, haven't got the time to go for A/B test tho.. Soo yay or nay?

conquerator2 said the R70x had a somewhat narrow soundstage. I don't know if he's ever heard the Q701, but maybe he can come in here and say a few R70x things?

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #38,618 of 48,562

I'd stick with the Q701 tbh. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #38,619 of 48,562
I mean, once upon a time, I had a decent pair of headphones on my ears, and a splitter so I could use a gamer headset around my neck just so I could point the mic up and use that. We've all been there at some point, just kludging together whatever temporary fix works, right?

My friend has a similar setup, though it's a cheap headset from a brand I've never heard of that he's listening on and I think it's the one earpiece headset that came with the PS4 he's using for the mic. He really doesn't care very much about audio gear (which is fine, a few years ago I didn't care very much either).

My inventory has seen some changes recently.

I'm still waiting to get my Little Dot back as I had a couple of problems with it and when I posted it back, due to the weight it had to travel by boat. I've given my K240 MKiis to my mother for laptop use as the weird positioning of sounds due to where the drivers sit in relation to my ears was getting to me. Since I've identified the problem, it's all I notice now when I wear them, so despite liking the sound I've decided to move on.

I picked up a pair of Sennheiser CX 2.00G earphones from work as I couldn't find much info on them, I gave my Panasonic earphones to my brother (I really need to stop giving all my stuff away!) and they've been staring me in the face for weeks (the earphone display is right in front of the till at my work).

I've also just ordered the RHA T20i blacks. By far my most expensive in ear, so that should be interesting. The really bad thing is I'm already toying with ideas for my next headphones (probably a closed back circumaural) and the ones I've just ordered haven't even dispatched yet. This isn't a hobby, it's a sickness!

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #38,620 of 48,562
@conquerator2 said the R70x had a somewhat narrow soundstage. I don't know if he's ever heard the Q701, but maybe he can come in here and say a few R70x things?

Ah icic, will wait for him too :D

I'd stick with the Q701 tbh. 

Whats it like if compared together? i just need some inputs first before i allocate time for some AB test next month..

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #38,621 of 48,562
May I ask if anyone here if they have a top pick or picks for best bluetooth gaming headphones that can also be be ideal for movies and a wide genre of music?

If any of you have tested virtual surround capabilities on them, that would also be most appreciated. TIA!

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #38,622 of 48,562
May I ask if anyone here if they have a top pick or picks for best bluetooth gaming headphones that can also be be ideal for movies and a wide genre of music?

If any of you have tested virtual surround capabilities on them, that would also be most appreciated. TIA!

console or pc?.. important question

if console: which console is important (there are proprietary Bluetooth/wireless restrictions on some)

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #38,623 of 48,562

console or pc?.. important question

if console: which console is important (there are proprietary Bluetooth/wireless restrictions on some)

Thanks for the reply! Really? Man that is a pity, I did not know there were bluetooth restrictions for headphones on the consoles. I mainly play PC though but I was planning on getting the PS4 Pro.

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #38,624 of 48,562
Thanks for the reply! Really? Man that is a pity, I did not know there were bluetooth restrictions for headphones on the consoles. I mainly play PC though but I was planning on getting the PS4 Pro.

You can use Creative BT-W2 to be able to use any bluetooth headphones on PS4.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #38,625 of 48,562
I bought dss 2,syba adapter and zalman mic to connect my headphones to ps4 after i connect syba i get lower sound.Do you know why?I also wonder the dss2 knob is endless i mean it doesnt stop when you turn left or right is that normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back