Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 14, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #21,692 of 48,566
The K612 have the most even width and depth of those IMO. The imaging is sublime and picking up cues in any game is a breeze. The ratio between fun and competitive is very good, I'd give them a 9 in both. Yes I really like them. Prefer them to both the MA900 and X1 for gaming and sometimes for music as well (depending on mood...)

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #21,694 of 48,566
The K612 have the most even width and depth of those IMO. The imaging is sublime and picking up cues in any game is a breeze. The ratio between fun and competitive is very good, I'd give them a 9 in both. Yes I really like them. Prefer them to both the MA900 and X1 for gaming and sometimes for music as well (depending on mood...)

I always had my eye on the K712's: anybody here had experience with both the K's 712 and 612?

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #21,695 of 48,566
Oh right, do they have comparable quality in the mids and highs as the Sony? When you says anemic do they not sound accurate for say explosions? Sorry for all the questions!

The AD700 is very cool, as in lacking warmth from very rolled off low frequencies, where as the MA900 is closer to neutral. As for what's better, it just depends on what kind of gaming you're planning on using them for. Personally, I prefer the AD700, but also keep in mind that isn't the popular recommendation around here for general gaming cans.

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #21,697 of 48,566
The AD700's bass is basically so rolled off, it's non-existent. If yoh want to hear explosions and stuff, dont bother. Get the MA900. Muuuuch more fun.

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #21,698 of 48,566
  I always had my eye on the K712's: anybody here had experience with both the K's 712 and 612?

Change has had both of them.  Not at the same time though.

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #21,699 of 48,566
Ty Chico.. dammit it's so hard to search in such a huge thread..... Change.. any chance you could link to your post/thoughts please?

If indeed MLE is going to review the K612, then that'll be a great read. Then again, the guy's needing a serious break from all this stuff as he said.

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #21,701 of 48,566
Hi guys, i'm new here and just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful discussion.

Quick story first, I ended up buying Senns PC360 because i like their sound signature and fact of having a boom attached to them. The only problem, a critical one, was the fact that they're uncomfortable for long term use. Their clamping force is aggressive on my ears or sides of my head. When stretching them to full-lose-size they still feel uncomfortable. I am using my computer for long hours of game sessions and comfort is a critical part for me. I was so disappointed because of that. I think i can still replace them because they're in my possession for only about 2 weeks, but they're expensive in my country and replacement rules here are, well...harsh.
As for my head- it's important to mention out that i have a wide head and that i'm wearing glasses. I was wondering, can you guys recommend me a more comfortable pair for gaming and overall pc usage?
Are the senns hd558 will feel better on my head? Perhaps i should set my eyes upon the Beyers?
Will appreciate any answer. And again, great topic!!
(Btw- Pc got SB-Z installed, so a 250 ohm driving capabilities are there)

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #21,702 of 48,566
  Hi guys, i'm new here and just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful discussion.

Quick story first, I ended up buying Senns PC360 because i like their sound signature and fact of having a boom attached to them. The only problem, a critical one, was the fact that they're uncomfortable for long term use. Their clamping force is aggressive on my ears or sides of my head. When stretching them to full-lose-size they still feel uncomfortable. I am using my computer for long hours of game sessions and comfort is a critical part for me. I was so disappointed because of that. I think i can still replace them because they're in my possession for only about 2 weeks, but they're expensive in my country and replacement rules here are, well...harsh.
As for my head- it's important to mention out that i have a wide head and that i'm wearing glasses. I was wondering, can you guys recommend me a more comfortable pair for gaming and overall pc usage?
Are the senns hd558 will feel better on my head? Perhaps i should set my eyes upon the Beyers?
Will appreciate any answer. And again, great topic!!
(Btw- Pc got SB-Z installed, so a 250 ohm driving capabilities are there)

The HD558 will feel about the same as the PC360.

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #21,704 of 48,566
Sennheisers clamp in general. Not the best choices for comfort.

Ehh. Everything in the HD line 650 and under have the clamp. Stark difference from their top tier cans or any of their portable offerings. But you're right as this thread does mostly deal with the clampy Senns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back