Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #17,956 of 48,563
  Can anyone advise me on which, K702-65th Anniversary or K712, would be better for me? I value a cinematic gaming experience higher than soundwhoring/competitive gaming but am put off by the descriptions of the X1's less detailed bass, and I've narrowed it down to these two.

The K712 is warmer, has more bass presence than the Annies, it's also not as dark sounding as the Annies, the K712 is the more enjoyable one to listen to, so of the two, I would say the K712 is more for your tastes. I haven't heard the Aune T1, so I can't say.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #17,957 of 48,563
GAWDAMMIT UPS, HURRY UP WITH MY PS4! I'm so hyped, I can't sleep, I have to work in 9 hours...and I don't even have a damn game yet (I'm gonna try going all digital from now on)...

ROAR

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #17,959 of 48,563

The K712 is warmer, has more bass presence than the Annies, it's also not as dark sounding as the Annies, the K712 is the more enjoyable one to listen to, so of the two, I would say the K712 is more for your tastes. I haven't heard the Aune T1, so I can't say.

confused.gif

I say the K712 is both slightly warmer and slightly darker than the Anniversary (including the treble itself). 

Not sure how the K712 could be both warmer and bassier yet also less dark unless it was V-shaped....

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #17,960 of 48,563

I am trying to narrow down a quality headphone (preferably headset) used solely for gaming with a Astro 5.8 "wireless" mixamp on console platforms. I am willing to do the mic-mod on a set as long as the headset is geared toward pin-point accurate directional cuing aka sound-whoring. Any recommendations? I see many FPS gamers lean toward the following and I am hoping to have a little guidance towards my purchase. These are the few I am leaning toward:

- PC360 or PC 363D
- Audio Technica ATH-AD700
- AKG Q 701 Quincy Jones Signature Reference-Class
- Sennheiser HD 598

I currently own the 2011 Astro BXR A40's and get told by friends that they here static/muffled voice when I chat. I feel I would be better at sound-whoring with a different headset/headphone with mic-mod then the A40s I currently own. Any suggestion, please?

I would also consider the AKG K612 Pro, another great gaming headphone. It has very accurate imaging and has a very balanced sound. It's going to be a bit similar to how the Q701 sounds, but a bit more intimate and a thicker sound, and also more balanced and natural sounding. You are going to get a tad less detail and isn't quite as precise sounding, but I find it images more accurately than the Q701.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #17,961 of 48,563

confused.gif

I say the K712 is both slightly warmer and slightly darker than the Anniversary (including the treble itself). 

Not sure how the K712 could be both warmer and bassier yet also less dark unless it was V-shaped....

I found the Annies a tad darker when I heard them. Maybe I am mistaking something else for brightness or I hear treble a bit differently. The treble could be elevated more in a region I'm sensitive to, thus it coming off as a bit brighter. There are many explanations for that. I'm extremely sensitive to certain regions in the treble region. That's one reason you get such variations in how people hear certain headphones.

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #17,962 of 48,563
No worries. 

You're allowed to hear differently. 
tongue.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #17,963 of 48,563
I'm still thinking of picking up a pair of X1's to go with my Annies.

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #17,964 of 48,563
U3 - 900X - 0_0
Pretty good, very similar to the Clip+, just a bit more punch.
Either the amp is not as bad or the AT cans are not really demanding.
Compared to the Realtek output it's night and day...

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #17,965 of 48,563
The hypes is real, MLE. I picked one up last night and am just now waking up.

It takes FOREVER to download these games completely. But it is nice you can play the campaign while it does. I got nbd 2k14 and BF4 and both games take up atleast 35gb of space.

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #17,966 of 48,563
It takes FOREVER to download these games completely. But it is nice you can play the campaign while it does. I got nbd 2k14 and BF4 and both games take up atleast 35gb of space.

eek.gif

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Blu-Rays hold ~50 gigs, but still.  Were any PS3 game downloads ever that big?  I'm guessing multiplatforms were all around ~7gb but did any PS3 exclusives ever get that big in size?

I'm sure ISPs will love these game downloads. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #17,967 of 48,563

eek.gif

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Blu-Rays hold ~50 gigs, but still.  Were any PS3 game downloads ever that big?  I'm guessing multiplatforms were all around ~7gb but did any PS3 exclusives ever get that big in size?

I'm sure ISPs will love these game downloads. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not that big. But Killzone 3 had 30GBs I think and The Last of Us even had over 4TB at one point [!!!!, but all working data obviously]. God of War was also huge....
Exclusive games had tens of GBs, third parties noticeably less, usually <10GB.

But yeah, next gen, higher level textures, resolutions,... I can't even imagine how long that'd take me to download 0_0 I am happy for hard copies :]

Nov 15, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #17,968 of 48,563
Well, I'm really excited for the boost in asset quality now that next-gen is finally arriving. 

Hopefully devs will up the audio quality as well and take advantage of that AMD "TrueAudio" tech.

popcorn.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #17,970 of 48,563
So you have an xBox 360?
I would guess(?) you could plug a USB microphone into the xBox 360 (guessing).

The only mic inputs on an Xbox360 are the proprietary wireless used for Microsoft's earpieces (and that one poorly regarded Tritton), and the 2.5mm jack built-in to the controller. Almost everyone has had success using a cheap 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter into the controller to plug in an external mic. A cheap ($2-$3) lapel mic or ModMic have really proven themselves as being the most practical options with good quality.

USB is only for power, controllers, or storage drives 16GB or less. Unfortunately :frowning2:

You are right where Mad Lust Envy was just before he started this thread. Read the intro. Then read some of the reviews. I'm pretty sure people have been mostly ignoring you because your questions are answered on the first page... That's why the guide was written. Mad's not paid to do this... Can you imagine personalizing and re-reviewing headphones for every stranger that wanders in here? It would feel like work! Unpaid! So, instead, Mad has clearly made his opinions known on that guide, so people, who are curious like he was, have the info to make their own choices. If you keep bumping a thread instead of reading and thinking, you're just going to annoy the community that is in here.

Read the guide [the first post], draw your own conclusions, stop posting unless you have something to contribute. Seems fair, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back