Mackie MC-150 VS Audio-Technica M40X
Nov 1, 2021 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Geralt

New Head-Fier
Is MC-150 better than AT-M40X? Does anyone have any experience with these HPs? I mostly want to know about their build quality performance rather than SQ.
Which one will be better as a daily driver?
It would be nice if you have any suggestion about upgrade models i mean AT M50X vs Mackie MC-250. which one has better build quality?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 2
If you just wanted to know about the build quality, I needed to hand it to M40x, I personally owned the M40x and where I'm working, our store are selling the MC150, the advantage of the M40x is that the headband is metal whereas the MC 150 is plastic, also M40X has an oval shaped ear cups which means more comfortable and easy to replace, where MC 150 is round and the inner of the cups is offset to 1 side. About cable M40x needs to look for after market or custom upgrade cable because of the 2.5mm deeeeep proprietary insert (Audio technica being audio technica), for the MC 150 it came with a long crappy cable, but no worries because is 3.5mm on both ends, eventhough the insert is deep too, but buying after market cable will be easy, just need to make sure the top is thin, beats solo 2/3 cable will do. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back