MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread
Sep 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #140 of 235
I have one more question. I'm currently using the SH px 100ii. Most often I listen to music on the way to school and work. Is macaw is a good choice if I would try to go to the next level of music? I mean the best value for money and this is probably achieved by buying macaw.

Oct 2, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #141 of 235
Guys im on the medium clear stock tips got down to the very end of the filter not the the mid ring that less thick( got the original lenght filters)
i find all the others much more sibilance, harshy or leak of bass( due to leak of fit)
but on this tips there some sibilance on some songs as calvin harris-blame/nicky romeo - i could be the one really harshy
maybe the Spiral Dots or Spin Fits can help to smooth the treble?

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #142 of 235
I just received mine yesterday.  They sound fantastic! Good soundstage and excellent separation. Mucho details! Treble and mids very present but it does not get sibilant.  Bassheads will be disappointed but the bass is there once you get a good seal.  I am now curious how these compare to Soundmagic E80s.  What a wonderfully strange hobby this is!

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #143 of 235
Wowweee! These are insane! Not just for the price, but they are an excellent choice no matter how much you want to spend on iems. I'm close to writing a full on rave review on these Macaws. I almost prefer them to my $300 Philips Fidelio X1! (Almost :wink:) A new king is crowned!!

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #144 of 235
Such a high praise. I'm tempted to buy however I'm not still sure if it will be better than Etymotic MK5 or Re0.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #145 of 235
Listening to these on my fiio x5 and really liking it's sound. Can't wait to try it with my other gear.

10/19 edit:
Put a good days worth into these now and I'm very pleased with the sound. Not sure what kind of seal you guys are getting but I would recommend Spinfits 100 if you're having issues with fit/seal. With the Spinfits the treble detail remains but songs with sub-bass and bass comes out to play, specially hip/hop or electronic music that pushes bass notes beyond instruments. Also with the spinfit tips, the difference between the silver and black are NOT subtle. Black filters have quite a bit of boost in the bass without giving up too much up top. The silver is a very nice balance and still keeps that bass kick if needed, a pleasure with excellent quality recordings that have slam/punch to the bass sounds.

Haven't tried the gold filters...I'm afraid it may be too bright but that's what's next on the agenda with these. For the full price, these are very much worth the asking price. I wouldn't go as far to say that they're $399 and up IEM killers unless you subjectively like the bass boost while keeping a slighly V or "mids a step back" sound.

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #146 of 235
Been using them from a few months now, purchased from Mass Drop. I am floating between the silver and gold filters, finding the black filters to increase fluff in the lower-mid range and just a general sense of congestion. It's only subtle, but paired with the stock foam tips it's unpleasant. The glass on both sides has cracked on mine at an indistinct time, probably after I've thrown my jacket on the floor or something. The gold filter is more neutral for the sake of being neutral, but there is some sibilance introduced that seems to be quite forward. So I've stuck to the silver filter as of now. Aside from these few gripes, and maybe a more rounded design to fit all ear shapes (a couple of my friends has non-conventional ears and they just seem to hurt and throb, I'm lucky, though) and they'd be a perfect IEM especially at the price. Definitely a big hitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back