MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread
Jul 3, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #62 of 235
Airplanes yes, motorcycle I dunno. It isolates better than the T2, but not as good as the Rockets.

Thank you! Very helpful info and my interest has peaked. And now I choose (there are some amazing sales out there) but this seems to be great value.

Jul 3, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #63 of 235
The cable is not removable, isolation is above average and there must be a non-mic version somewhere as the 'S' denotes the mic/remote version.

Actually, the GT100and GT100 are exactly the same, microphone included.  The latter doesn't include the foam tips or extra tuning nozzles and has a more basic case.

Jul 4, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #64 of 235
Oh, I stand corrected. Shouldn't have assumed. It's weird though, when you see that 'S' printed on the y-splitter you'd think the difference would be more than just in accessories.

Jul 4, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #65 of 235
It is a little odd, I agree.  Maybe the S means superior or special edition or something like that.  That said as far as I know this is the first retail consumer product by this company after being an OEM so I suppose a couple of minor quibbles can be expected.  Not as strange as shipping out an entire batch with the wrong nozzles!

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #68 of 235
  The Shures are going to isolate much better than the Macaws, though the Macaws with the stock foam tips are by no means poor.

If Shures are -25db isolation with their foam tips what would you put the Macaws with foam tips as well? Thanks in advance btw.

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #71 of 235
Hey @Larryp12 did you get yours? Any impressions would be great!

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #72 of 235
Just received my Macaws. 
Running the silver filters with a pair of Spiral Dot tips. 
I'm impressed after less than 10 hours listen time. 
Nice Soundstage,  good bass an miss.   Maybe could use a touch mor "sparkle",  but quite enjoyable. 
Looking forward to seeing how they settle in after 75-100 hours. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #73 of 235
Been using the Flare R2As for the better part of this last week, but decided to give the Macaws a listen again tonight and jimmeny Christmas these sound so damn good. :redface:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back