MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread
May 10, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #196 of 235
Just gonna jump in and give my opinion. I think the sub-bass is really good on these and not something I'd expect from an IEM so bright. While I consider myself a treble lover, I can't really get over the overly bright presentation on these (cymbals are just way too splashy); I've decided to take a break with these and play around with my newly arrived TK12 :frowning2:

Jul 3, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #199 of 235
Just received these sleek metal babies a week and bit ago, been wanting to try them for longer before giving any impressions.
quick impressions of the neutral and bass filters:

-soundstage is quite wide
-overall sound signature is airy, far extension in both low and high end with mids a little recessed
-highs are sometimes a little sibilant
-not a very warm sound signature
-i feel like the bass filters round out the bottom and mid end a bit better

Jul 4, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #201 of 235
Just could never get my ears to like these, tried all the filters, 10 different kinds of tips, all sorts of EQ adjustments, multiple amps. There's just peaks and valleys right next to each other (shown by the FR plots earlier) that I couldn't adjust to. I like the design and the idea of multiple filters. Just these weren't for me, preferred by $10 innateck woody IEMs by a lot. Will probably be putting mine up for sell (maybe charge $20 for them?) in a few days when I have a chance to put up an ad.

Jul 4, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #202 of 235
Just could never get my ears to like these, tried all the filters, 10 different kinds of tips, all sorts of EQ adjustments, multiple amps. There's just peaks and valleys right next to each other (shown by the FR plots earlier) that I couldn't adjust to. I like the design and the idea of multiple filters. Just these weren't for me, preferred by $10 innateck woody IEMs by a lot. Will probably be putting mine up for sell (maybe charge $20 for them?) in a few days when I have a chance to put up an ad.

Guess they are another hype train I don't want to get on. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #203 of 235
  Guess they are another hype train I don't want to get on. 

Yeah they seem to have a lot of costumization options but in the end you can't change much what the original driver has to output, which is a shame because the metal shell is gorgeous.

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #204 of 235
  Yeah they seem to have a lot of costumization options but in the end you can't change much what the original driver has to output, which is a shame because the metal shell is gorgeous.

Yes, I read more positive reviews for Flair Audio SA2's and Final Audio Heaven II and IV and V than the Macaw so I think they are more my cup of tea. Yes they are more I know but neither by anyone off any review say there is any treble harshness/ sibilance. What I've learned is that when no one states that about an IEM It's more true, but then there is a mixed bag on an IEM I find there usually truth to it and I prefer to avoid save and go to a higher price margin with no regrets. 

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #205 of 235

totally agree. didn't see the FR plot earlier, it really does reflect the sound. it's like they extend very low and very high, but each frequency range sounds..hollow and thin? 
when I listen to the sound of cymbals and hihats I hear only the splash and shimmering sounds but not much of the crash/impact, when I listen to vocals I can hear the 'wetness' of the singers voices but none of the lower, warmer tones of their voices, and bass goes very deep but is not very impactful.

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #206 of 235

I'll buy them from you.

Jul 10, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #208 of 235
I'm guessing the Sabres best the GT100s. Against a properly tuned IEM, the GT100s simply doesn't compete. Even though I really like it's build and appearence, I'll admit that the sound signature is rough at best.

Jul 10, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #209 of 235
I'm guessing the Sabres best the GT100s. Against a properly tuned IEM, the GT100s simply doesn't compete. Even though I really like it's build and appearence, I'll admit that the sound signature is rough at best.

Makes sense. The reviews were so hyped guess they are another hyped product. Someone should start a "Hyped IEM" thread so people who are really serious to purchase can make a logical decision instead of being told "sorry for your wallet" which is a running joke on here.

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #210 of 235
I bought this IEM twice based on @DannyBai and @Selenium impressions. 

The first purchase was the silver color from a local store, and I am delighted with both sound and built quality that GT100 offered. Excellent depth, details and instruments separation, treble are great yet delicate, the right dose of bass. For me, it's excel RE400 by a large margin.

The second purchase was the black version from penon. Though for the price offered it's still a good deal, but the SQ are a disappointment compared to my first unit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back