M50s vs Pro700 mk2
Mar 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Hitoshura

New Head-Fier
Okay, you guys have probably seen a million of these threads before. My case seems to be a little different because I haven't seen a thread that has answer my question. How are the 700 mk2's when it comes to metal?

I listen to bands like Between the Buried and Me, Cynic, The Black Dahlia Murder, Meshuggah, Opeth, Death, Inflames (jester race- clayman) etc. I know the mk2's are bass heavy and ment for Dj's, but will it make metal sound muddy?

A $40 price difference doesn't really bother me all to much; its mainly the fact that the mk2's might not be so diverse in all music genres. 

Can someone help me please?

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Okay, you guys have probably seen a million of these threads before. My case seems to be a little different because I haven't seen a thread that has answer my question. How are the 700 mk2's when it comes to metal?

I listen to bands like Between the Buried and Me, Cynic, The Black Dahlia Murder, Meshuggah, Opeth, Death, Inflames (jester race- clayman) etc. I know the mk2's are bass heavy and ment for Dj's, but will it make metal sound muddy?

A $40 price difference doesn't really bother me all to much; its mainly the fact that the mk2's might not be so diverse in all music genres. 

Can someone help me please?

A workmate of mine uses the PRO700MK2 for purely metal all the time. I honestly have no idea why. Boomy, slow decay makes it difficult to keep up with complex passages. So your assumption is right. 

Any access to other headphones for consideration, or just these two? (Though the M50s would probably be admirable enough for metal)

Also - http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/full-size-headphone-recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 3
  A workmate of mine uses the PRO700MK2 for purely metal all the time. I honestly have no idea why. Boomy, slow decay makes it difficult to keep up with complex passages. So your assumption is right. 

Any access to other headphones for consideration, or just these two? (Though the M50s would probably be admirable enough for metal)

Also - http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/full-size-headphone-recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op

Well, I know it's been like ages since I created this thread and to be honest, I forgot it existed, lmao! Anyway, It's not just these two headphones. I'm open to all suggestions, but I'd like something stylish looking as well. As stated earlier, I listen to primarily metal (progressive, melodic) hip-hop, ambient, some electronica, rock, etc. I'm very diverse in my musical taste. Also, I'd like to ask if any of these headphones have a detachable wire like the PRO700 Mk2's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back