M-audio Q40 vs. Shure SRH440 vs. AKG K-240
Jul 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

KB24

100+ Head-Fier
I have heard the Shure's and the AKS's. I am going to be using these with my iPhone 3GS and my Macbook. The AKG's sounded low in volume because I am guessing the impedance is high (55). I liked that they were VERY comfortable, and that's it. The Shure's sounded nice and the volume was good. The base was good with these as well. I don't have access to the M-audio's so it's between the M-audio's and the Shure's. I heard the base is awesome on the M-audio's, while the highs and mids are excellent as well. They are about $50 more as well. What do you guys think??

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 8
Now, I am also considering the ATH M50. Someone help!!

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 8
Common people! I know most people on here could answer my question. So why not?

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah I did. I couldn't find any direct comparison between the 4 though. That's why I was asking. I know that the ATH-M50 has the most bass. Which is what I want, but I also want clear and crisp highs and nice mids. How are the highs and mids on these?

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #6 of 8
What is with forums on the internet and ignoring the new guy? It's like someone looking for a basic job, but the manager tells you that he is looking for experience. How could one ever get experience without getting a job? 

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #7 of 8
It's not that we ignore new guys, it's that not that many people have heard the M-Audio Q40.  

The M-Audio, from what I've heard, will be more bassy.  I found the overall Shure signature to be a bit too polite, but it was the 840 that I used to own.  I've heard the 440, though, and the sound fairly similar.

Really, though, if you were happy with the Shure sound, you might as well get the ones you heard.  Paying $50 more for something that you don't know you'll like seems a bit crazy.

Jul 13, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #8 of 8
I ended up going with the ATH M50S. I ordered them from B&H Photo for $106 and change. Free shipping as well. I can't wait to get them!!!! Several at Headfi seem to have a high regard for these. I heard them at Guitar Center and was impressed, but they were around $160. So, I decided to buy them online and save more than $60. I love buying stuff online, especially when they offer free shipping. Having not to pay tax is amazing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back