M³ Project Announcement
Feb 25, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #497 of 565
What can one say? Superb does not seem correct but, I think you all get the sentiment.

AMB and MORSEL have done a very professional job of this design.

AMB – how did you cut the acrylic? By hand, router or LaserCNC?

M

Feb 25, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #498 of 565
amb... can't believe, what i'm seeing. your m³-page is marvelous! so much comprehended information, even for people not involved in building the m³. thanks for that!
action-smiley-033.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #500 of 565
I've ordered some stuff from Tap before...they do very good work, and they are not that expensive at all. Just put together some decent CAD drawings for them, and you're all set...

Feb 25, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #501 of 565
Yeah, I had Tap Plastics do the basic cutting for me, but I drilled all the holes myself (except the routed one on the top cover). They charge for everything, so if you want them to do a lot then the cost would quickly add up.

Feb 25, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #503 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by primer
How about the Hammond case L220 series with holes drilled on the top panel?

The L220 is not wide enough at only 4". You can use the T220. The parts list page on my M³ site has all this info.

Feb 26, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #504 of 565
Sorry, I meant to say T220. Would holes in the top panel be sufficient? Pars-metal etc. would be hard for us aussies but the Hammond case can be sourced.

Feb 26, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #505 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by primer
Sorry, I meant to say T220. Would holes in the top panel be sufficient? Pars-metal etc. would be hard for us aussies but the Hammond case can be sourced.

Yes, although cutting the holes (or preferably, slots) neatly would be a challenge.

Feb 26, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #506 of 565
OK, while we're on the subject of enclosures, and since the boards are expected within days now, I think it's fine time to check for interest in a Par Metal 20-series custom-sized case group buy. As I mentioned in a previous post, Par Metal can make any custom size you want, but it's pricey in single quantities. I asked them about a 6" wide x 2" high x 8" deep case, and the quote was something like $70. However, that price drops to the mid-$30 range for a quantity of ten or more, which is quite reasonable.

If there is enough interest, and people could agree to a common specification (size, color, finish, etc), then I suggest someone should step up and coordinate this. I am too busy to conduct this myself, so I am asking for a volunteer. Maybe a separate thread for this is appropriate?

Feb 27, 2005 at 9:45 AM Post #509 of 565
Put me down as a maybe on running the group buy on the cases..... I will have to see what the girlfriend has to say when she wakes up.
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW.... nice showing. The impressions posted in that thread look/sound very promising.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2005 at 2:01 PM Post #510 of 565
Any chance of shipping to the UK for the par metal cases? Maybe a new thread should be started if/when? MisterX gets the green light
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back