LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 18, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #4,396 of 5,225
I'm very much settled with black(b)/pink(f), balanced cable, and spiral dot ear tips. Depending on source, black/black or red might sound bright.

Don't really know why, but black/pink doesn't really work for me. It feels a little muffled and dark, like it lacks sparkle. (Sorry, I'm terrible at describing what I hear. ) I'm sticking with b/b and hoping for brain burn-in. :beyersmile:

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #4,400 of 5,225
Don't really know why, but black/pink doesn't really work for me. It feels a little muffled and dark, like it lacks sparkle. (Sorry, I'm terrible at describing what I hear. ) I'm sticking with b/b and hoping for brain burn-in. :beyersmile:

Agreeing with you on the BLACK front BLACK rear setup.

LZ A4 are VERY sensitive to Ear plugs. In my case the best are Earsonics double flange , far superior to others i tried.
http://www.earpad.fr/store/catalog/...59&PHPSESSID=396f8d93efffb32ac950a890a4cfc61f

Investigate further you will not be disappointed

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #4,401 of 5,225
I have yet to be blown away by a set of iems, sadly. I had to buy blind and these are the most expensive I've owned. Guess the search continues.

Honestly, the only IEM to ever have blown me away are the Campfire Audio Vega... Unfortunately they are also almost 5x the price of the LZ-A4. A man can dream...

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #4,402 of 5,225
I have yet to be blown away by a set of iems, sadly. I had to buy blind and these are the most expensive I've owned. Guess the search continues.

You should give spiral dot tips a try. They do refine the sound in maybe helpful ways (tighten up the bass and open up the mids slightly.) Ideally I'd love an option between the black and blue back filters but maybe the A5? Hahaha... ugh.

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #4,403 of 5,225
guys, need a bit of help, I am finding the stock tip with green noozle the perfect size for me but its a bit hard and not super comfy, I am planning to buy spin fit, which size should I buy, M or ML. thanks.

Jul 22, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #4,405 of 5,225
Jul 22, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #4,407 of 5,225
Jul 22, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #4,408 of 5,225
Brooko, thanks for the review. Very informative.

Let me add that the guy in light blue shirt standing in the office is Lao Zhong.

Ah - expected that might be the man behind the IEMs. I'm moving into reviewing the BD over the next week. Already really enjoying it. LZ definitely knows his stuff with tuning :)

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #4,409 of 5,225
Great review Booko! I liked your analysis of the filters. I might need to use that to get my perfect combo. I love the red/black combo, but I've barely experimented so I look forward to using your review to better aid my exploration.

Yes its always hard when you have a lot of options isn't it? Its part of the reason I found the FLC8S both really versatile, and also slightly frustrating (sometimes there can be too many options presented). One of the advantages of having a measurement system is that I have become very aware of my own personal preferences, so when given a tunable IEM its pretty easy for me to dial into exactly the signature which should push my buttons :)

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #4,410 of 5,225
I love this IEM, unfortunately it looks like I "broke" something. I lost all the lower frequencies and the only way to get bass back is to tape those small vents. This happened after I cleaned them. Perhaps I accidentally pushed dirt inside those holes and not out? Maybe I damaged something inside. I used the small cleaning tool (brush) that came with ASG 2.5.

EDIT: Just untaped 1 side and yep 0 bass :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back