LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 22, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #4,336 of 5,225
Jun 22, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #4,337 of 5,225
I got the L spiral dot tips and the tighter seal boosted bass response as expected, but they also helped open up the mids a bit, refining the sound in a subtle but welcome way. Overall, the spiral dots improved an already great IEM.
Really looking to purchase the spiral dot as the reason that the bass is lite on me is due to seal after trying all the tips included and star tips from aliexpress, my problem is choosing the size as the package for spiral is by set per size.

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #4,338 of 5,225
Really looking to purchase the spiral dot as the reason that the bass is lite on me is due to seal after trying all the tips included and star tips from aliexpress, my problem is choosing the size as the package for spiral is by set per size.

Hm, if you can't get a seal with the largest included tips, then you probably need L. For me, the included tips fit, but not snugly or consistently between the left & right canal, causing slight tuning differences. Apparently my ears are not identical. Ha! Anyways, the L sized spiral dots fit both of my ears perfectly. Your experience might be similar or not. Buy accordingly. They do make a ML size as well. Good luck!

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #4,339 of 5,225
Hm, if you can't get a seal with the largest included tips, then you probably need L. For me, the included tips fit, but not snugly or consistently between the left & right canal, causing slight tuning differences. Apparently my ears are not identical. Ha! Anyways, the L sized spiral dots fit both of my ears perfectly. Your experience might be similar or not. Buy accordingly. They do make a ML size as well. Good luck!
Maybe I just get both ML and L instead as I notice that my ear canal are also not exactly the same in size. If only the LZ have more extended nozzle, probably it will not a problem as the body limit the insertion to the ear. Thanks for tips by the way.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #4,340 of 5,225
The stock tip is very well matched for me in terms of fit and comfort, but I am thinking of spin fit, so what size is good for me? and will it improve the sound.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #4,341 of 5,225
Interesting product but like 846 I'm done with filter and tip this and that. I want sq that universally is appealing, slap on the right size tip, bingo great outcome. Not to mention 846 didn't have mid magic. Not trying to come down on anything, just done with filters, rant over

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #4,343 of 5,225
I got the L spiral dot tips and the tighter seal boosted bass response as expected, but they also helped open up the mids a bit, refining the sound in a subtle but welcome way. Overall, the spiral dots improved an already great IEM.

Couldn't agree more. Widened the soundstage a bit for me as well. Even though I think the A4s are fantastic anyway, I do feel Spiral Dots are an essential addition.

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #4,344 of 5,225
Interesting product but like 846 I'm done with filter and tip this and that. I want sq that universally is appealing, slap on the right size tip, bingo great outcome. Not to mention 846 didn't have mid magic. Not trying to come down on anything, just done with filters, rant over
If only the 846 is same price as LZ, for sure will purchase one as it was mentioned in every thread here so I am really curious on how it sounds.

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #4,345 of 5,225
Yep, those were the ones.

I've purchased a couple of packs of that model, and I like them.
But even the "L" is a bit small to make a good, consistent seal in my left ear.
Do you know of any eartips that might be larger in diameter (and longer, too) than the L Spiral Dots?

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #4,346 of 5,225
I blamed my opus #1 all the time for being thin sounding and discovered that it is my LZ that is at fault. Whatever tips I used, I can't able to insert it fully to have a proper seal because of the iem body touching my ear tragus. :angry:

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #4,347 of 5,225
I blamed my opus #1 all the time for being thin sounding and discovered that it is my LZ that is at fault. Whatever tips I used, I can't able to insert it fully to have a proper seal because of the iem body touching my ear tragus. :angry:
Tried larger tips and shallow insertion?

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #4,348 of 5,225

If I'm sitting still, and not eating, some of the large eartips I've got will make a good enough seal for the Bass.

Otherwise, long Triple-Flange tips will insert deep enough to seal, without the housing hitting my ears. Those long tips do tend to flex, which can affect the sound.

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #4,349 of 5,225
Tried larger tips and shallow insertion?

I tried large already but still with same result, I have spiral dot (L and M/L) and one spinfit CP-100 (M) coming to try. I even have star tips from aliexpress as I read that it is nice, unfortunately it is not with my ear. I have IT03 also on the way to replace this if the problem persist. Do you have idea kind of tips with shallow insertion and if the ones mentioned above have it?

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #4,350 of 5,225

It took me my entire tip collection from all my IEMs to find ones that work. And it turns out the ones for me were the Final Audio tips I got for free from CanJam. Go figure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back