LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 6, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #3,977 of 5,225
Well son of a gun @Lurk650 got me to take a break and revert back to my silicones and ol' modded spinfits and I just have to have that crispness of the silicone after a short break with the Foam tips.

Son of a gun...  I modded the Eq a bit, it's worth it IMO. 

Will probably switch to the ol' spiral dots sometime soon, too lol

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #3,978 of 5,225
Apr 6, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #3,979 of 5,225
Well son of a gun @Lurk650
 got me to take a break and revert back to my silicones and ol' modded spinfits and I just have to have that crispness of the silicone after a short break with the Foam tips.

Son of a gun...  I modded the Eq a bit, it's worth it IMO. 

Will probably switch to the ol' spiral dots sometime soon, too lol

Yeah Foams for me just kill treble, can be good iems that are overly bright. I also switched back to the Black nozzle from Blue last night. I've spent the last week with just the SIMGOT EN700 Bass and going back to the A4... I'm preferring the SIMGOT, need to do more listening though.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #3,980 of 5,225
Yeah Foams for me just kill treble, can be good iems that are overly bright. I also switched back to the Black nozzle from Blue last night. I've spent the last week with just the SIMGOT EN700 Bass and going back to the A4... I'm preferring the SIMGOT, need to do more listening though.

Foam tips kill sound quality for me too. Simgot for the win :)

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #3,981 of 5,225
Foam tips kill sound quality for me too. Simgot for the win :)

cool.gif
I'm so glad others don't like foamies. I thought I was the only one. They just aren't consistent for me. I swear I can prep them and insert them exactly the same way and half of the time they are muffled, or sometimes not. Plus I just don't like having to play with stuff to prep it for listening, that includes switching nozzles and filters and whatnot.

But that's just me.

wink.gif
wink.gif
TWIN

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #3,983 of 5,225

cool.gif
I'm so glad others don't like foamies. I thought I was the only one. They just aren't consistent for me. I swear I can prep them and insert them exactly the same way and half of the time they are muffled, or sometimes not. Plus I just don't like having to play with stuff to prep it for listening, that includes switching nozzles and filters and whatnot.

But that's just me.

wink.gif
wink.gif
TWIN

Sign me up for team no-foamies as well as any type of ear guide wired or just wrapped, supple cable over ear is my preferred and it may just be me but besides the fact I can't stand foams they just get so nasty
ph34r.gif
I mean Janet Jackson nasty
blink.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #3,984 of 5,225

cool.gif

But that's just me.

wink.gif
wink.gif
TWIN

Yup count me among those as well. I can never tell if I am getting a good seal or not. Not to mention the fact that they wear out quite quickly. No thanks.

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #3,985 of 5,225

Yup count me among those as well. I can never tell if I am getting a good seal or not. Not to mention the fact that they wear out quite quickly. No thanks.

what do you use onVega? as the foam tips are the recommended.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #3,986 of 5,225

what do you use onVega? as the foam tips are the recommended.

Ended up with medium sized single flange Mee audio tips, bought a sample pack through amazon, but checking the Mee site, I think they are originally made for the M6. I also found that the sound of the vega is already thick enough, and silicon gives me a very small extra amount of treble sparkle. I would otherwise have just used spiral dots, but they give me suction issues on the vega.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #3,987 of 5,225
Foam stays in the ear more and is more noise isolating, but are not worth it for me as they get ugly quickly and you have to replace them regularly.

If you think they kill top end, then it is a good thing that there are different filters to counter counter it.

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #3,988 of 5,225
I recently got the LZ A4 and I am very happy with it. I owned the Sennheiser IE80s before and it was great. I did the comparison because they can both adjust the bass, although lz a4 is more flexible across the freq range
I reviewed both of them on headfi & did an extensive review on them
I used comply foams and spin fits to test both, 
SOOOOOOOOOO, I was wondering if you guys agree with my conclusions or not? 

Video comparison for reference:

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #3,989 of 5,225
Using KZ Acoustics eartips with some rounded fome tips filling inside from the last 2 months and never feel/think to change any other eartips , and yes i am on black+black combination permanently , , ,  

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #3,990 of 5,225
  Using KZ Acoustics eartips with some rounded fome tips filling inside from the last 2 months and never feel/think to change any other eartips , and yes i am on black+black combination permanently , , ,  

nice ! are the comfortable? they look look much like the comply tsx tips without the guards? have you tried comply foams before? 
whered I get those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back