Lyrics
Jan 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SoupRKnowva

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone else get aggravated when a band doesnt include lyrics with the cd booklet? i just recently got swoon by the silversun pickups and daisy by brand new and neither came with lyrics. I really do enjoy sitting and lstening to music while reading the lyrics at the same time, but this makes doing that kinda hard.

just curious who else feels this way

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #2 of 8
less and less artists are including nice booklets with the physical CDs. all of their content is going towards online media.

it's a shame, but i understand why. so many people now are "on the go" and constantly doing a million things at once.

it used to be you would get home with your new CD/LP and ritually unwrap it and sit and do nothing but listen to the music. it was an experience.

the guys from Every Time I Die even commented on this and that is why Jordan did all the artwork for the liner booklet and they made sure to include lyrics.

Daisy is fantastic by the way.

I've been meaning to checkout Silversun Pickups.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
less and less artists are including nice booklets with the physical CDs. all of their content is going towards online media.

it's a shame, but i understand why. so many people now are "on the go" and constantly doing a million things at once.

it used to be you would get home with your new CD/LP and ritually unwrap it and sit and do nothing but listen to the music. it was an experience.

the guys from Every Time I Die even commented on this and that is why Jordan did all the artwork for the liner booklet and they made sure to include lyrics.

Daisy is fantastic by the way.

I've been meaning to checkout Silversun Pickups.

just got into the silversun pickups myself. Carnavas is also a good album, but swoon, i think, is much better, and an absolutely amazing album. i just wish it had lyrics :p because of the way he sings, it can be really hard at times to understand what he is saying. I would say "Sort Of" "Its nice to know you work alone" "Panic Switch" and "Growing old is getting old" woudl eb the standouts, but honestly the whole thing is fantastic
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 8
Not really - I hardly know or care what most of the lyrics are to much of my music. If I do, it's usually easier to look them up online than get the case out of the cabinet.

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 8
haha but alot of times if it isnt in the booklet, than the people online are just guessing too, ive found many a mistake in online lyrics, id rather be getting them from the band. even though they make slight changes too when they actually sing it sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back