Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Feb 2, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #49 of 1,603
would be nice to have more informations about the storage. SD- Card slot or micro SD? Single or Dual? How much storage does it have onboard?
Second question. Can it play dsd natively?

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #50 of 1,603
Telekinesis.

Are they in Hong Kong? Will they accept bitcoins?

would be nice to have more informations about the storage. SD- Card slot or micro SD? Single or Dual? How much storage does it have onboard?
Second question. Can it play dsd natively?

From the pictures and price point: it appears single microSD slot with either 16GB/32GB internal ROM (or none).

It should be able to support native DSD up to 128x since it will use the Cirrus Logic CS4398 chip.

Of course, the above should be confirmed by @HideousPride

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #51 of 1,603
Interesting...
What the sampling rate and bit depth are supported in DAP mode and USB-DAC mode?

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #52 of 1,603
We've set a time and platform! The project is set to kick off this Thursday at 8AM PST on Indiegogo. A preview link is up on the first post, which will be edited to the full campaign when it goes live.

Answering a couple questions/getting answers:

Single vs Balanced DAC/amp usage: The single ended 3.5mm output will still employ the full use of the DAC/amps, but the 2.5mm is still heartily recommended by the manufacturer.

Device will accept micro SD, currently waiting to hear back on internal memory.

Asked regarding sampling rate & bit depth. The chip is capable of a lot but I want to confirm.

UI performance at the get-go should be very similar to how the L5 Pro currently is operating.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #55 of 1,603
Oh crap it starts earlier than I expected... Oh well, gotta see how much will I have left after paying for my CIEM reshell later...

But again
UI performance at the get-go should be very similar to how the L5 Pro currently is operating.

Could someone tell me a story of their experience with L5's UI & features at present?
I read that it had lots of bugs and missing features during initial release, so to be honest, even this time I'm still kinda unsure.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #56 of 1,603
Yup, assuming I don't oversleep! I couldn't find an Indiegogo option to automatically toggle the start of a campaign in the future, so we're going with the good old manual process.

I know @twister6 has had extensive experience with the L5 Pro and its UI. We had a chat earlier about how he wanted some things changed and improved for their L&P lineup. I know he's got his hands full with a million and a half reviews, but if he has the time I hope he can jump in and give his opinion. :)

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #57 of 1,603
I haven't used the L5 but one feature I think all UI's should have and most do not is something the Tera-Player does simply:

When playing random on your whole library, and you hear a song you like and think, I want to listen to the whole album- it only takes one button press to begin album play, in song order. Then it's two simultaneous button presses to go back to full library random.

As a mainly a random play user, this functionality is a godsend.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #58 of 1,603
  Oh crap it starts earlier than I expected... Oh well, gotta see how much will I have left after paying for my CIEM reshell later...

But again

Could someone tell me a story of their experience with L5's UI & features at present?
I read that it had lots of bugs and missing features during initial release, so to be honest, even this time I'm still kinda unsure.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/luxury-precision-l5-pro-32bit-portable-lossless-music-player/reviews/15141

Latest firmware.

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #59 of 1,603

But again

http://www.head-fi.org/products/luxury-precision-l5-pro-32bit-portable-lossless-music-player/reviews/15141

Latest firmware.

Thank you Paul!  I was about ready to suggest the same, that it's a lot easier to just read a few available reviews instead of writing all over again :wink:

To everybody else, based on what has been mentioned, L3 GUI will have a lot of resemblance to L5 Pro so it will be very useful to read Paul's new L5 Pro review which is based on the latest firmware, or my Review from awhile back, though based on earlier fw.  Also Cleg's Review is great and includes YT video (toward the end) with unboxing and hands'on experience.

Also, just to clarify since this question has been asked many times, L5 Pro and upcoming L3 have a very responsive touch screen, but operation is based on touch tapping, not touch swiping.  Nobody knowns if/when this feature is going to be implemented, but we all keep our fingers crossed!!!  But regardless of that, I still consider in this particular case touch swiping as a nice addition rather than a handicap since navigation is very intuitive when using touch and hardware buttons.

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #60 of 1,603
For all I know, L3 will share similliar OS like the one on L5P while with an revamped UI. But I heard that there will soon be a major firmware update coming up soon, so Paul's review for UI side might be slightly outdated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back