Lucky to be alive... Hope this helps someone.
Dec 17, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #47 of 82
Dec 18, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #48 of 82
What medication do you take for crohn's? I have it as well but i've been feeling better than ever for the past 2 years

Quote:
And how would your life be without it? I mean, you're on it for a reason, right? Even though I'm on medication that has terrible side effects for my Crohn's disease (for instance, it can cause cancer), I'd hate to think of how poor my life would be without it. I'd probably be in the hospital every other month.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 18, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #49 of 82
Well there was a study done where a lady who was depressed to the point she just didnt want to live anymore and they gave her niacin or b2 or something in a high dosage and when she came in later that week it was as if she never was depressed 

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #51 of 82

Quote:
What medication do you take for crohn's? I have it as well but i've been feeling better than ever for the past 2 years

Right now I'm on one of those biologic TNF suppressants. It's called Cimzia. Before I was on Remicade, but my body stopped responding to it for some reason. My Crohn's isn't much a problem at the moment, but unfortunately the Cimzia has a ton of side effects that aren't very pleasant, even if it does help tremendously with the Crohn's.

Aside from that, I get put on Prednisone every now and then if there are break-through symptoms. I was on it a lot more while on Remicade, before the doctors realized the Remicade had stopped working.

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #55 of 82
I was on prednizone 2 years ago and it literally had no effect. I soon went onto Remicade and I'm still on it since back then. Never felt better. I'm just afraid I'll have to stop in the next year and I don't want symptoms coming back...

Quote:
Right now I'm on one of those biologic TNF suppressants. It's called Cimzia. Before I was on Remicade, but my body stopped responding to it for some reason. My Crohn's isn't much a problem at the moment, but unfortunately the Cimzia has a ton of side effects that aren't very pleasant, even if it does help tremendously with the Crohn's.

Aside from that, I get put on Prednisone every now and then if there are break-through symptoms. I was on it a lot more while on Remicade, before the doctors realized the Remicade had stopped working.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #57 of 82

Natural supplements are all well and good, but if you have serious depression you really should seek medical help. It's always good to have options to explore, and conventional medicine is often lacking, but I think it's irresponsible to promote these "alternatives" as sure fire cures to people with serious medical conditions. It may be beneficial. It may not be. The important thing is to be informed as a patient. You are ultimately responsible for your own well being, not your doctor.

Quote:
Does St. John's Wort help at all ?

It could have beneficial effects in some people as a mild mood enhancer, but it's certainly not a remedy for major depression. The important thing to remember is that it can interfere with the absorption and functioning of a lot of medications, so if you're already on medication you should definitely ask your doctor first.

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #58 of 82
Been of my pills for a week and man have i gone crazy. I like this new evil destructive me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back