Lowend to midrange hp amp upgrade
Jan 24, 2018 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Genezis

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I have fiio k5 amp and im looking for an upgrade to something much better. Im willing to spend 400-600$. My headphones are: bd dt770 80ohm, hifiman he400i and will have m1060 soon. So maybe i would consider buying amp with balanced out. I was thinking about fostex hp a4bl or aune s6. Maybe somebody have tried those amps and could give me a hand with decision?

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 5
None of those headphones are exceptionally hard to drive,so throwing a new amp at them isnt really an efficient way to drop 500.00 in this hobby. If youre not happy with your current amp I'd suggest a Magni 3 from Schiit (99.00 usd)

If youre considering adding a higher end HP that requires a more powerful source then a new,more powerful and expensive amp would make sense.

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #4 of 5
None of those headphones are exceptionally hard to drive,so throwing a new amp at them isnt really an efficient way to drop 500.00 in this hobby. If youre not happy with your current amp I'd suggest a Magni 3 from Schiit (99.00 usd)

If youre considering adding a higher end HP that requires a more powerful source then a new,more powerful and expensive amp would make sense.
Thanks for reply.
It looks like more expensive amp wont make these headphones sound noticebly better? Also im thinking of buying fostex th610. They are also easy to drive. And what about balanced out? Is it worth looking?

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Not for your current crop of headphones,no.

Dont get me wrong a bigger,stronger amp can always help to a certain degree but will it make your current headphones sound $600.00 better? Most likely not a chance.

If you owned something in the 300-600ohm region with a 93db sensitivity or lower then yes a new expensive amp would be the next logical upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back