Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 23, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #8,161 of 9,248
Been buying many cables from ISN, Penon, NiceHCK, Tripowin, XINHS and probably some more I don't remember now.

The hype some says about XINHS is real, before I have mostly bought the cheaper ones from XINHS and NICEHCK. And sticked to Penon and ISN for cables at $50 and upwards.

The 4 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated wire is at the same amount of quality and sound as the Penon OS849. Not saying the Penon is overpriced, but for that amount they should include modular connections. IMO the XINHS is perhaps under-priced here.

It's thick, but soft to the feel, the weight is just right so it's not to heavy or light. And as always XINHS is very helpful if you have custom inquiry. My last order were 30cm longer for my desktop for no extra cost.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrjwTtu
PXL_20230222_051732570~2.jpg
Is that cable good with your ISN EST50? I am looking for a well compatible cable for my pair.

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #8,162 of 9,248
Is that cable good with your ISN EST50? I am looking for a well compatible cable for my pair.
Depends, I have tried 6 different cables with it. So far I prefer Silver plated cobber, the one I posted is a good step up from the one in the est50 pack.

Penon Mix is also great, it gives the treble some extra bite. I don't feel the need for that myself.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #8,163 of 9,248
A few days ago I noticed that my ISN S16 cable actually got delivered with mixed up left and right side. So I decided to tape the L and R symbols with red and blue tape. Now I can insert them correctly! Thats the only downside of this cable. It is super resolving (more resolving then pure silver) and delivers strong signature from 20Hz-20kHz. The sound is slightly more bright then neutral. Very good soundstage.

The KBear Chord has the graphene tonality and sounds fine otherwise. Not as resolving like the ISN S16 but close.

I only put a few minutes of playtime on my new NiceHCK BlackSoul cable. It sounds actually neutral, maybe slight bass emphasis. Definitely strong consider if you can get it on sale.

Feb 28, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #8,167 of 9,248
The new NiceHCK MixPP cable is currently about $15 on AE (including a coupon), significantly less than the normal price will be. As a new release it’s a bit of a gamble, but the previous BluePP was meant to be good.

NiceHCK MixPP cable arrived today, so some first impressions:

Build quality is good, hardware feels solid, the woven covering feels nice. The cable has some thickness though is still flexible, but it is a little microphonic. It sounds clear and crisp, more so than is typical for copper, with a hint of warmth and a slight elevation in the bass.

This seems to be a good cable. It’s not going to magically transform your IEMs, but for the price it is well made and has a likeable (though mild) sound signature. At the moment the half-price voucher is still available, which makes it a bargain.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #8,168 of 9,248
NiceHCK MixPP cable arrived today, so some first impressions:

Build quality is good, hardware feels solid, the woven covering feels nice. The cable has some thickness though is still flexible, but it is a little microphonic. It sounds clear and crisp, more so than is typical for copper, with a hint of warmth and a slight elevation in the bass.

This seems to be a good cable. It’s not going to magically transform your IEMs, but for the price it is well made and has a likeable (though mild) sound signature. At the moment the half-price voucher is still available, which makes it a bargain.
My MixPP cable arrived too! I think I might use it on my soon to arrive Moondrop LAN.

Mar 1, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #8,169 of 9,248
Any recommendation for a cheap copper cable with 3.5mm headphone connectors? (Denon, Focal...)
Late answer but I have these two coppers for my Focal Clears

LN006747 / LN006998 Lunashops 16 Core 99% 7N

and

ivipQ—98 2 Cores 5N UPOCC OCC Copper (Customized to 1,6m length)

Both are nice.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #8,171 of 9,248
NiceHCK releasing a crazy number of IEMs at the moment.

This one is 4N silver with a cloth coating, called RedAg. ~$20 with a voucher taking it to under $15. Reading the description it seems to have a copper shielding layer, so not sure how that ties in with the claim of “pure silver”. As this is new it’s a bit of a gamble!

B5B3BBBA-7F3A-4078-8320-25C4AFB2DA34.jpeg

Mar 1, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #8,172 of 9,248
I order this a few days ago, as don't have a pure silver cable.
Didn't notice the copper shielding layer bit. From the picture it looks like there are at least twice the amount of strands of copper compared to silver!
Agree, not sure how they can claim it to be pure silver.

Edit: thinking about it, I suppose the copper is not soldered to the connectors either end and the silver strands are cased so as not to be touching the copper.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #8,173 of 9,248
Maybe it is built like the TRI Wolfram
Screenshot_20230302_084000_AliExpress.jpg

Mar 2, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #8,174 of 9,248
Yeah, I think so. Wow, the Wolfram is more expensive than the i3 Pro it is pictured with!
Funnily enough it was the i3 Pro that I had in mind for this cable.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #8,175 of 9,248
Thanks! I didn't notice that specific model from ivipq, seems like a good brand, I think I will get that one.

Might as well pic or it didnt happen. My extra cables for Focal Clear. 2x3,5mm so they will also work with most newer Hifimans, Kennerton etc.
Left to right
I think the last one is a NiceHCK Spacecloud variant

20230302_141300.jpg
20230302_141332.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back