Low Clamping Force Closed Full-Sized and Shallow Insertion IEM's
Jun 20, 2012 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

elnero

Headphoneus Supremus
Just as I was debating moving up to a higher end universal IEM my TMJ related jaw and ear problems have flared up again. Basically, my jaw pops in and out, cracks a lot and generally has a dull ache predominately in the left side. I also get pain in my left ear and around the first bend is quite sensitive. This has me not only debating changing my IEM's to a more shallow insertion type, but easing off on IEM usage altogether so I'm looking at possible full-sized closed alternatives to use mostly at work but could possibly use them on the go a bit as well.

I haven't been keeping up on all the IEM's and portable headphones to come on the market in the last while so I'm not really sure which ones are considered to have shallower insertion for IEM's and relatively low clamping force for full-sized closed. I'd like to keep the costs down but for the purposes of this exploration I don't think cost is necessarily a factor, I'm more just looking for names so I can narrow down my list to research so any recommendations are welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back