Lots of LCD2 r1 for sale used
Aug 26, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 5
the LCD2 rev1 are worth their weight in gold to most everyone who listens to them.  They are definitely worth it, and there are dozens of threads and topics explaining the differences between rev1 and rev2.  It would be much easier if you researched a few of them and posted for help in the LCD2 main thread here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/453116/audeze-lcd-2-orthos/17265#post_7711409

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 5
I was actually able to listen to both the LCD-2 revisions from a fellow head-fier who had both for sale, and I actually preferred the first revision more than the 2nd. The rev1 had stiffer pads and are slightly heavier on the head. However, I did not like the leather headband on the rev2 since they created uneven pressure points on my head. Overall comfort prize would go to the rev2 if they had the foam headband.

The two sounded quite a bit different despite their many similarities. The rev2s were brighter and had a slightly larger sound stage. They are definitely more detailed but I thought the rev2's bass quantity paled in comparison to the rev1s. I ended up going for the rev1's since they were cheaper and I just preferred the smoother sound a bit more for my taste in music.

Aug 28, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I was actually able to listen to both the LCD-2 revisions from a fellow head-fier who had both for sale, and I actually preferred the first revision more than the 2nd. The rev1 had stiffer pads and are slightly heavier on the head. However, I did not like the leather headband on the rev2 since they created uneven pressure points on my head. Overall comfort prize would go to the rev2 if they had the foam headband.

The two sounded quite a bit different despite their many similarities. The rev2s were brighter and had a slightly larger sound stage. They are definitely more detailed but I thought the rev2's bass quantity paled in comparison to the rev1s. I ended up going for the rev1's since they were cheaper and I just preferred the smoother sound a bit more for my taste in music.

Thanks, that's helpful information. Going with the R1 would free up some more funds to get an appropriate amp. I will just have to make do with my source until I can upgrade that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back