Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music player, DSD compatible, Bluetooth
Oct 28, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #20 of 242
Sign me right up!  I love small daps, and would love to try out a PAW.  I wonder if they'll be able to get the price below the current 5K cost on Amazon which is $200 right now.  I imagine it'll be awhile before availability shows up.

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #21 of 242
Sign me right up!  I love small daps, and would love to try out a PAW.  I wonder if they'll be able to get the price below the current 5K cost on Amazon which is $200 right now.  I imagine it'll be awhile before availability shows up.

Will be available in quarter 1 in 2017 and price shall be no more than 200 USD. Shozy Alien Gold, watch out:grinning:

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #22 of 242
I've read somewhere that it has bluetooth and there is going to be a companion app to control the player. Is that correct? There's very little information about it?

Tiny player that can be controlled from a smartphone would be killer.

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #23 of 242
  I've read somewhere that it has bluetooth and there is going to be a companion app to control the player. Is that correct? There's very little information about it?

Google translate this post: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4840360948.

It also has GPS and movement sensors, similar to what smartphone has. So I guess you need a smartphone to access the data, and probably control it. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #26 of 242
As long as it doesn't sound like doggy poo, which would be most surprising from Lotoo, then I will most probably grab one of these when released. The addition of the sports clip indicates its geared towards those who want good audio in a compact package when they're training. Love it

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #27 of 242

Config from smartphone is a plus, especially since it's a screenless design.  But playback control - it already has hw control buttons :)  With a clip, it will be very convenient on the go, especially with wireless headphones when working out.

Oct 29, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #29 of 242
"Config from smartphone is a plus, especially since it's a screenless design.  But playback control - it already has hw control buttons :)  With a clip, it will be very convenient on the go, especially with wireless headphones when working out."

Yeah but what good are 2 or 3 buttons when you have hundreds of songs? If I can select a playlist or album from the phone and then play/pause/skip from the device that's the best combo.

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #30 of 242
  "Config from smartphone is a plus, especially since it's a screenless design.  But playback control - it already has hw control buttons :)  With a clip, it will be very convenient on the go, especially with wireless headphones when working out."

Yeah but what good are 2 or 3 buttons when you have hundreds of songs? If I can select a playlist or album from the phone and then play/pause/skip from the device that's the best combo.

That's why if you are looking for a more efficient navigation through hundreds or thousands of songs, you get a proper DAP with a touch screen, though LPG does its job well
wink.gif

Just like any Bluetooth dongle, they usually control the playback of your smartphone/tablet apps where you can already set the playlist of songs on your phone.  But Pico can also play songs from it's uSD card. So if Lotoo going to have an app to config playback of those songs - it would be awesome!  Or maybe have a mode to use Pico as a bluetooth remote control, I would like that to control wireless playback of my Bluetooth speakers.  Possibilities are endless
biggrin.gif
  Of course, this is just a wish list with speculations.  Will have to wait to find out what it actually does, hopefully soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back