Lotoo PAW S2 USB DAC AMP 150 mW@32 ohm 4.4 , MQA - New Firmware released 26 January 2.0.0.5 link added first post.
Sep 9, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #18 of 443
Still double amping the AK4377? Hmmm... I would have thought they would want to go for a true DAC + amp architecture setup this time. As good as S1 was, it was kinda almost immediately overshadowed by W2 (and rightfully so). To be honest, just by the early spec alone, I didn't see any new killer feature that justifies the 50% price hike from S1.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #19 of 443
But that’s just the OTG cable isn’t it? To prevent EMI interference issues from a cellphone my understanding is you would want internal shielding of the device components.
It will be alright. Check the photo.

Attachments

• 3_s1.jpg
    3_s1.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 0
Sep 10, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #21 of 443
Strangely it doesn't look like much is different from the S1. The same DAC chip, same jitter reduction chip, EQ options seem the same (did the S1 have the Blackfin chip?, it isn't mentioned on the S1 page but is on the S2). Both made with CNC aluminium case, the same size. The S2 has an extra play/pause button and the cable might be a new iteration.
I was wondering the same thing. I've had the PAW S1 for exactly one year (it does have a BF706 Blackfin DSP chip btw), so I was curious about what changes they're making so soon.

On the surface there doesn't seem to be enough changes to justify a second edition, especially with a ~$80 increase in base price. The play/pause button makes me think they're improving the phone compatibility, not that I know there were problems to begin with. I'm already using it exclusively with my laptop, and I couldn't be more happy with the S1. Perhaps it would be a better option for someone looking for a new dongle, but I don't see enough changes for me to make an upgrade.

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #24 of 443
Sep 13, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #25 of 443
Available to order from hifigo:

https://hifigo.com/collections/new-arrival/products/lotoo-paw-s2

I don't think I'll be grabbing one, it's too similar to S1. Good to see EMI being addressed though, it's horrible on S1.
Same. I wish they added a battery & Bluetooth or alternatively made it even more compact.
It's still a great option among dongles though. Since the power and (presumably) EMI are being addressed, I don't see it has any flaws.

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #30 of 443
It’s not available here in China in the Lotoo stores on JD or Taobao, which are the main online shopping apps. I don’t see any mention of release dates on their announcements so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back