Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jul 29, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #1,951 of 3,549
Musicteck is a great shop and they will handle all the support needed. Also I don't know many places that sell the English version. Do more research before you place an order but I doubt you can find much unless you are in Asia.

I heard Musicteck is the only game in town actually. For a USA warranty anyway.

I just placed my LPGT order. Hooray!! My Stellias are ready. I did the fastest shipping so I wouldn’t change my mind!! Well, that and I don’t want my LPGT bouncing around out there for too long during shipping. Now I just need to get a Chord Hugo 2/2go for my other transportable DAC headphone amplifier needs around the house. Noble flagship CIEMs wouldn’t hurt either.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #1,952 of 3,549
Since there are so many positives of the Lotoo listed here, I will list some things to note regarding the Lotoo DAPs, the screen resolution is 800x480, it would be most optimal if you resized you album art to 480x480 and since the Lotoo sorts your music files within their folder by their filename instead of individual tag information, you should rename each file properly to ensure the Lotoo reads and sorts them properly.

Fortunately I found a program for windows that can do both of these in bulk in case you have such a large library to resize and rename, download " TagScanner " for windows, this program is another tagging program but it has the ability to rename and resize files in bulk.

In the "Program Options" in the "Tags" tab, change the custom size of covers to 480x480 and set Quality to 100 percent. This will auto resize any music files you select to 480x480 when you use the "EDIT" function on the upper left side of the program and press "Save" on the bottom right.

To rename you files, you click "RENAME" function on the upper left of the program next to EDIT and you choose the renaming scheme to
%track%. - %title% And remember to type the " . " after the track number to insure that the Lotoo reads the files perfectly. Select all your music files and press "Rename" on bottom right, this might take a few hours if you have thousands of files to rename.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #1,953 of 3,549
It is a bummer that the LPGT and LP6000 to not have a genre sort. That is one of my most used ways to listen to music as I am the mood for different genres sometimes.

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #1,954 of 3,549
It is a bummer that the LPGT and LP6000 to not have a genre sort. That is one of my most used ways to listen to music as I am the mood for different genres sometimes.

I see, but it's not really a popular way of navigating, I would assume Artist is the most popular since Genre would require you to tag all of your music files a specific Genre and some of my music are too multi genre and I don't want to tag them a specific Genre, even on my AK players, the Genre navigation is all over the place (hundreds of genres) because of how I naturally tagged my files.

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #1,955 of 3,549
Since there are so many positives of the Lotoo listed here, I will list some things to note regarding the Lotoo DAPs, the screen resolution is 800x480, it would be most optimal if you resized you album art to 480x480 and since the Lotoo sorts you music files within their folder by their filename instead of individual tag information, you should rename each file properly to ensure the Lotoo reads and sorts them properly.

Fortunately I found a program for windows that can do both of these in bulk in case you have such a large library to resize and rename, download " TagScanner " for windows, this program is another tagging program but it has the ability to rename and resize files in bulk.

In the "Program Options" in the "Tags" tab, change the custom size of covers to 480x480 and set Quality to 100 percent. This will auto resize any music files you select to 480x480 when you use the "Edit" function on the upper left side of the program and press "Save" on the bottom right.

To rename you files, you click "RENAME" function on the upper left of the program next to EDIT and you choose the renaming scheme to
%track%. - %title% And remember to type the " . " after the track number to insure that the Lotoo reads the files perfectly. Select all your music files and press "Rename" on bottom right, this might take a few hours if you have thousands of files to rename.

So LPGT does not use the metadata at all if you go to albums or artists? All my files are saved as %track%. %artist% - %title% already. My file structure is the letter of the alphabet followed by artist (last name, first name) followed by albums and then songs.

U
Underwood, Carrie
Cry Pretty
01. Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty.FLAC

I aso have one directory for 0-9 since I have one artist whose band name starts with a number instead of a letter. There is always the odd ball, LOL.

Also does TagScanner do the renaming and art resolution change as it saves it to the SD Card? I do not want to mess up the files on my PC that have 1000 x 1000 art.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #1,956 of 3,549
So LPGT does not use the metadata at all if you go to albums or artists? All my files are saved as %track%. %artist% - %title% already. My file structure is the letter of the alphabet followed by artist (last name, first name) followed by albums and then songs.

U
Underwood, Carrie
Cry Pretty
01. Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty.FLAC

I aso have one directory for 0-9 since I have one artist whose band name starts with a number instead of a letter. There is always the odd ball, LOL.

Also does TagScanner do the renaming and art resolution change as it saves it to the SD Card? I do not want to mess up the files on my PC that have 1000 x 1000 art.

The renaming scheme for artists is fine as well!

Yes, fortunately Lotoo as it connects to the PC via USB can have it's folders be detected by tagging software and you can tag and edit files on the Lotoo only unlike AK players.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #1,957 of 3,549
The renaming scheme for artists is fine as well!

Yes, fortunately Lotoo as it connects to the PC via USB can have it's folders be detected by tagging software and you can tag and edit files on the Lotoo only unlike AK players.

So copy the files to the Lotto first and then use TagScanner to change art resolution and any tag issues. Sad they don't use MetaData at all. I am currently putting a lot of work in my files restructuring the directories as I outlined above and adding ArtistSort and AlbumSort to all the files. If it sort by folder names, then that meets my need since my folders art last name, first name. I will have to put year in my file naming or something to get the albums to sort properly. If it list them by file name, I am back to square one as my %artist% in the file name is first name, last name. I guess I can get TagScanner to rename using %track%. %artistSort% - %title%

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #1,958 of 3,549
So all my music is filed as:

%track% %artist% - %title%

If multi disc:

%discnumber%-%track% %artist% - %title%

I guess this is problematic with the LP6K and LPGT?

It would be easy to change to:

%track% - %title%

and

%discnumber%.%track% %title%

Would that be better? I don't really need artist in the song title since it is under the artist and album folder anyway. My other two daps display it from the ID3 title. Itunes and iphones do it from the ID3 data too as I convert all my flac files to an ALAC set of files for Apple.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #1,959 of 3,549
So all my music is filed as:

%track% %artist% - %title%

If multi disc:

%discnumber%-%track% %artist% - %title%

I guess this is problematic with the LP6K and LPGT?

It would be easy to change to:

%track% - %title%

and

%discnumber%.%track% %title%

Would that be better? I don't really need artist in the song title since it is under the artist and album folder anyway. My other two daps display it from the ID3 title. Itunes and iphones do it from the ID3 data too as I convert all my flac files to an ALAC set of files for Apple.

That's what I do. It works perfectly for playing an album in order, which is 90% of the time for me.

Also, I haven't resized any album art and everything comes up quickly and looking clear, so I don't think you need to stress about that.

If it hasn't been mentioned before, sorting your albums into genre folders works well as a workaround for the lack of a genre sort in the player. In other words, I name a sub-folder something like "PROGRESSIVE METAL" (all caps helps pick the genre name out of the filepath more quickly) and then put any album in there that qualifies. It takes only a little more time.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #1,960 of 3,549
That's what I do. It works perfectly for playing an album in order, which is 90% of the time for me.

Also, I haven't resized any album art and everything comes up quickly and looking clear, so I don't think you need to stress about that.

If it hasn't been mentioned before, sorting your albums into genre folders works well as a workaround for the lack of a genre sort in the player. In other words, I name a sub-folder something like "PROGRESSIVE METAL" (all caps helps pick the genre name out of the filepath more quickly) and then put any album in there that qualifies. It takes only a little more time.

Thanks. I guess the art issue is unique to the LP6K. So you are saying your files are named %track% - %title% or %track% %artist% - %title% ?

As for genres, the only one I would use genre for is Christmas, but that is one month and usually in the car through my iphone, which does have genres, so not really an issue with me on a dap. I go by artist rather than what genre I have set. I know the artists type of music anyway when I select them.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #1,961 of 3,549
Thanks. I guess the art issue is unique to the LP6K. So you are saying your files are named %track% - %title% or %track% %artist% - %title% ?

As for genres, the only one I would use genre for is Christmas, but that is one month and usually in the car through my iphone, which does have genres, so not really an issue with me on a dap. I go by artist rather than what genre I have set. I know the artists type of music anyway when I select them.

I use %track% %title% and %discnumber%.%track% %title% (for multi-disc albums). No artist name, no hyphen, as I'm trying to save every character I can in the track name. Plus, I'm honestly not sure why you would need the artist name in the track's title.

For genre, I mostly use the genre folders for amalgamating all my instrumental music (so I can shuffle it all) and all the music (which isn't much) that my wife finds acceptable. I could live without that, especially since making a playlist is very easy, but it's nice to have a solution anyway.

Jul 30, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #1,963 of 3,549
@NeoDiNardo: If you want serious protection, there is this handmade case on Etsy.com. The current design incorporate my request for a magnetic flip cover. (I am the 2nd review.) Here is a current listing:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/720966...er-case?ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-3

I like it as I can throw the LPGT into my knapsack or Tumi, no screen protection necessary. Of course, it is a bit thicker with the flip cover, but it looks very cool. (I also love access to the actual side buttons - it is the best tactile control experience IMO.)

Copy.jpg

Actual pic on my LPGT:
WeChat Image_20191005115913.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #1,964 of 3,549
And I know the LPGT comes with a leather case, however, has anyone found a better 3rd party one on the market?
I don’t like default leather case for lpgt. Even default case for lp6k is much better(owned both). For me the best and sexiest looking is Dignis case with gold plates on the back.
Valentinum case(from Etsy.com) is VERY huge. I owned one for dx220 and sold it very quickly because of it size and appearance. But it has very good protection.
Also there is tpu case form AliExpress.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
if you want to see photos with dignis I can share it later

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back