Lost my UE-10 Pro, now deciding between ACS T1 and Earsonics EM3Pro
Jan 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gorman

1000+ Head-Fier
On Tuesday I lost my beloved UE-10 Pro. Close to six years of service... shame on me.

After some reading and investigation, I've restricted the spectrum of choices to the two models in the title.

The reason being that I don't want to deal with cross-continent shipping and customs. UK and France, from Italy, mean that I won't pay extra customs and shipping should not be prohibitive (important in case I need to work on perfect fitting).

I've read pretty much all the reviews I could find on the net but, since my appointment with the audiologist for the earprints is on Tuesday... there's still three days before I make up my mind.

Anyone with relevant information, please step up and talk. :D

PS
I've discarded Compact Monitors Stage series, it's more expensive and I don't see the point in spending more without a proper cause (nothing I've read convinces me they're worth €200 more).

Edit: I've read shigzeo's two reviews. I'm currently more inclined toward the T1s (coming from acrylic I'm curious to try silicone) but I'm eager to hear your comments.

Edit 2: if shigzeo reads this, I'd be really curious about isolation. Him or anyone that's tried both acrylic and silicone customs. Does the silicone isolate more or it's just a matter of proper fit. Sensaphonics quotes -37db for their IEMs but ACS report the usual -26db. ???

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi Gorman, where have you read about the Compact Monitors? I have not been able to find any write-up on the Stage 4 in English. I too am considering getting Customs if I don't find any Universals that sound significantly superior to my SE530's which isolate as well or better than them... I too have been wondering if the Sensaphonics do actually isolate as much as -37db as claimed.

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Well, I read a translated review in German. But, honestly, call it gut feeling... I currently believe T1 or EM3Pro will offer me similar performance for a significantly inferior amount of money. Also, I definitely don't buy the drivers war to be significant. Three drivers were more than plenty in my UE-10 Pro. No need to go higher for me.

I asked about the -37db vs -26db of Sensas and T1, ACS responded that they do not comment on Sensaphonics. I remember reading a T1 review that mentioned isolation being superior to all acrylics the guy tried, but I can't remember where I read it (too many reviews read in three days :)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back