Looking to replace Zune Premium Headphones V2, help is appreciated
Feb 21, 2011 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Apparat

New Head-Fier
I found this website yesterday, which was really fortunate since my Zune Premium Headphones v2 spontaneously died (also yesterday) and I need to replace them now. I'm not knowledgeable at all when it comes to audio things so I really hope someone can help me make a good choice.

I'm looking for some entry-level IEMs, but I have a budget of about <$100 so I understand my choices are a somewhat limited.

My music library contains mostly electronic music with some classical and a side dish of dubstep topped off with a dollop of downtempo. While I'm not a basshead at all, I do enjoy a nice little oomph that isn't too overpowering.

The IEMs I've found so far are:

HEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphones (These seem to be a favorite here from what I've seen, but the bass is a little subdued, or something)
Etymotic MC5
Fischer Audio Eterna (I hear this is a little heavy on the bass side though)
Ultimate Ears 500

These are the ones I've come across, but please feel free to give me your suggestions! :)

Thanks for the help!

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 3
you're music teste is pretty identical to mine. hmm... let's see.

if you wanted some bass, then don't go with the RE0/Etys though. they don't have enough bass for our electro taste. still, they're great for your classical music (only heard the Ety mc5, but i assume the RE0 is pretty alike)
UE500 don't know... but Eterna seems like a good choice. i've seen lots of rave reviews here and there. they may suit your taste well

and btw, you should check out Sennheiser IE7 (refurb or used, if you don't mind that) for less than $100 on Amazon sold by adgtron (authorized Sennheiser dealer, but deal availble only for this month, maybe?) they'll definetely be a steal for the price, and their sound will suits you well. you can do a search for their review to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back