looking to replace my B&W P5. suggestions?
May 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

beertots

New Head-Fier
Hello. I've been lurking these forums for quite a few months now and have learned quite a bit from you all. I have to say that the community here is great, respectful, and very knowledgeable. Years ago I started out with (what I initially thought was excellent) Studio Beats by Dre. Shame on me, I know. They grew very fatiguing and I eventually realized they were mass marketed bass exaggerated headphones with boosted treble to compensate. I grew sick of them and sold them.

Through lurking head-fi and some additional research I have purchased the P5, then AKG K550, and lastly, Grado SR325is. Unfortunately, the P5 was the ivory variant and pretty much prone to visible wear and dirt. The white leather ear pads started to get dirty the more I used them. I know they sell replacements and I was almost tempted to get them but I ended up getting some water on the headband, which after drying left a visible water stain. Basically, I can't have these. It's not bad but it bothers me enough to when I look at them, I sigh. Call it OCD I guess.

I gave them away and long story short, I'm looking for something to replace them. I enjoyed the sound and I thought I would ask the folks here as to what some recommendations they have in that price range are. I also liked how aesthetically pleasing the P5s were. How about something that both looks and sounds great? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back