Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift!
Oct 2, 2011 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

PKayy

New Head-Fier
Hi! I'm looking to purchase a pair of headphones as a gift to my sister! She listens to primarily korean pop (just basically pop music with some electronic I guess). It needs to have decent bass as well. I'm looking to spend 100. I'm thinking about the Sennheiser 448. I'm thinking of more of an open pair of headphones than closed but suggest either. Heeelp! Thanks! I need to order it in 2-4 days!

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 14
Oct 2, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 14
Yeah from what I hear many many many people love and enjoy K-POP with them Grados, just curious what artists/bands is she listening too? Im starting to like some of the K-POP, but I don't know that many artists... Just curious what people like to listen too.

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 14
If you get open cans, you'll be subjecting the rest of the world to a tinny reproduction of Korean pop, so.....think about us too is all I'm saying.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
If you get open cans, you'll be subjecting the rest of the world to a tinny reproduction of Korean pop, so.....think about us too is all I'm saying.

Well right now Im walking around with the HD 800's never had a single complaint, of Grado's the 60'80's seem not to get complaints. I had a complaint with the RS1i and RS2i in a bus, but thats just because "We will rock you" sounded very bassy. The GS1000i I figured was the worst, not that bad at the subway, but would get you killed on the bus.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #7 of 14

Quote:

Well right now Im walking around with the HD 800's never had a single complaint, of Grado's the 60'80's seem not to get complaints. I had a complaint with the RS1i and RS2i in a bus, but thats just because "We will rock you" sounded very bassy. The GS1000i I figured was the worst, not that bad at the subway, but would get you killed on the bus.

You hit the streets with the HD 800 and GS1000i ? - way to go for flying the Head-fi flag!

Here I was feeling sheepish for telling a tale about how I've hit the town with a pair of K601's
around my neck (no bag and no I was not pretending that they run off my ishuffle!)

Back on topic, votes go to the Grado SR60/80 or Alessandro MS1i - she'll love them or
hate them. Only one way to find out, but if she ends up loving them then it will be a love
story greater than the HD 448.

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #8 of 14
 I.Love.Grados. They are hit-and-miss thing, but I would at least try them out because I honestly can't imagine how you could truly hate them.

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #10 of 14
If you have a USD100 budget I will recommend you my favourite headphones, which are the Fostex T50RP, and will cost you USD75. You should take a look also at the Koss Pro DJ100, that are closed and very good for portable use. 

Both headphones will need an amplifier to drive them with ease.

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #11 of 14
In general, open are better. But that's very simplified and subjective

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #12 of 14
My favorite for $100 is the AKG K240. Semi-open and they sound fantastic with electronic music!

Neither open or closed really have "better" sound quality. Open cans generally have less bass and bigger soundstage, but you should just compare individual headphones.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #14 of 14
Idk... I really don't care for what she listens to but a few are like f(x), SNSD, 2 pm, shinee etc etc. Grados seem to be a hit but I'm wondering if the design'll be unappealing to her.

Quote:
Yeah from what I hear many many many people love and enjoy K-POP with them Grados, just curious what artists/bands is she listening too? Im starting to like some of the K-POP, but I don't know that many artists... Just curious what people like to listen too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back