Looking to Improve My Source.
Jun 11, 2011 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SenorParsley

New Head-Fier
I've got a pair of HD598s but I don't have a good source for them. Right now all I have is my macbook pro and a fiio e7 that I use as my DAC (low budget). I know the 598s don't require a ton of power but I do know that source matters so I'm looking for advice and input on how I can improve my setup in any way. Is my fiio e7 doing a good enough job or should I look into some different equipment? 

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 4
The fiio e7 is fine for your current set up unless you're really itching to upgrade.  Even though the 598s aren't incredibly hard to drive you may get more out of an amp since you do already have a halfway decent dac.

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 4
WHOA I just realized this is the wrong section :/. I thought i was posting in Headphone Amps (Full Size). sorry. But since I already got a reply... Sidel, would you recommend the E9? 

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
WHOA I just realized this is the wrong section :/. I thought i was posting in Headphone Amps (Full Size). sorry. But since I already got a reply... Sidel, would you recommend the E9? 

Don't sweat it.  I've noticed things get posted far more off-topic here.
I actually think it's a great starting point combo.  It keeps things very real to the recording and allows for your headphones to provide the changes to the sound (and from what I've heard the 598s are spectacular).  On top of that the e7, which you already have, offers you some portability.  Since you already have part of this duo I do think it would be a decent route to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back