Looking to exchnage DIY parts for work on 1212M
Mar 2, 2008 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

doctorcilantro

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking for someone to mod my 1212M for recording benefit only. I have a new opamp (2 actually, and you could have the other) which was recommended here at Head-Fi. Not sure if there are other mods which could be done, but I'd be interested in any that would benefit the A/D transfer for an archival project. I also have an RCA cable which needs to be terminated.

I have to offer in return:

4 Dayton audio RCA plugs "Hi-Fi"
(1) Cardas RCA>XLR adapter
14" ength of Zaolla silverline solid core silver RCA cable (two terminations)
12" length of Zaolla silverline solid core silver RCA cable (no terminations)
(2) 5ft pair CC89259 speaker cable (made by Element Cable - cut and re-cross connected by me) - bare wire except one end terminated with spades
3.5 ft. length of CC8929
18" length of CC89259
15ft 26 AWG OFHC Copper wire with unbleached cotton insulation from Homegrown audio

The CC89259 was originally a 12ft. run which I cut to make short 3ft run after moving to a new house.

Please Pm if interested.
DC

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 6
Okay thanks. Could you be more specific? I lost all my PMs regarding the particulars of the mod. I'm actually trying to figure out how many and where the opamps are that need replacing.

thanks
DC

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 6
I have searched head-fi and the thread you linked to doesn't say anything about A>D benefits which is what i stated I'm after. Not to be snippy, I'm just a bit frustrated, but I have pm'd someone here at Head-Fi (who mods 1212Ms, or has in the past) in the last few days, offering trade or payment for mod services, and they aren't offering any specifics either. I was told last year, that replacing at least one opamp would improve the recording capabilities, but I can't find mention of any such evidence here and no one has yet offered any. I lost my PMs from last year regarding the A>D mod, but as I said, the person just rec. changing an opamp to 4562 IIRC.

DC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back